𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐖𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲

After they all had walked away, Betty slowly opened the case, surprised by what she found inside.

She gently pulled out a silver, pandora's bracelet, already paired along with a few meaningful charms.

She quickly noticed that the bracelet wasn't the only item in the case. Underneath where the charm bracelet sat, was a piece of paper. A handwritten letter.

『••✎••』

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦,

    𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦. 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑜 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑡.

    𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠, 𝐻𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 18𝑡ℎ 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦. 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒.

    𝑁𝑜𝑤, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡. (𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒)

    𝑇ℎ𝑒 "𝐵" 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦, 𝑜𝑏𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑙𝑦.

    𝑁𝑒𝑥𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 "18" 𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑖𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 18𝑡ℎ 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦. 𝑂𝑛𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑡. (𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡)

    𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟.

    𝑀𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

    𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑢𝑝 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑠, 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒.

𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑆𝑢𝑛, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

~𝐽𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑

『••✎••』

Betty gently ran her finger over each special charm, a smile on her face.

Maybe he did care, she had just assumed he hadn't.

She deeply wished that he was there, right then with her.

She carefully put the bracelet on, making sure it locked in place before letting it go. She never wanted to take it off, ever.

She was right, Jughead Jones had gone soft, but only for her.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"What is that?" Veronica questioned, referring to the bracelet on her wrist. "Was that Jughead's gift?" The raven-haired girl continued, gazing at the pretty piece of jewelry.

"Maybe..." Betty replied, a smile forming on her face.

"It's so cute!" Veronica squealed, both girls clueless that Alice was listening from the doorway, unnoticed.