𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

"Betts..." Jughead spoke, walking up to the shaking girl who sat on the front steps of her house. "What's wrong?" He questioned, sitting down next to her, the suitcases not going unnoticed beside her. 

"Can I stay with you tonight?" She asked, wiping her tear-stained cheeks.

"Yes, but why?" He replied.

She didn't speak, she only glanced up at him quickly. He could easily see how her eyes were red and puffy from crying. He hated it when she was upset. Absolutely hated it.

"I don't want to push you, but can you tell me what happened?" He asked, worriedly. 

"My mom and I had a fight..." She confessed, leaning into his side so she was now, resting her head on his shoulder. "I Exploded..."

"It couldn't have been that bad," He responded, trying to make her feel better.

"It was," She replied, letting out a shaky breath that she hadn't known she was holding in.

Even if his comment had been easily shot down, he was happy that she was no longer crying or shaking. He hadn't given up trying to make her happy yet.

"Can we go yet?" She questioned, tiredly. 

"Come on," He spoke, getting up and guiding her toward the vehicle. 

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Juggie?" Betty asked, gently waking the boy. 

"What?" He questioned, not even bothering to open his eyes.

"We have to get up at some point," She stated, playing with his hair.

"five more minutes..." He protested, trying to fall back asleep.

"That's what you said ten minutes ago," She replied, adding an innocent giggle at the end. 

"So?"

She sighed as she laid her head back down on his chest, thinking of a way to make him get up. She couldn't wait any longer. Then it hit her.

"I'll get Jellybean to come in here..." She offered, a smirk growing on her face. 

"No!" He practically shouted, quickly opening his eyes. "I'm up," 

"Good!" 

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Do you have everything?" F.P. asked as Jughead set the suitcases down in the back seats of the truck. 

"We do," Betty answered for him, hugging the man one last time.

"You two be careful," F.P. added, hoping they really would.

"We will, Dad," Jughead assured, stepping back over towards them. 

"Why can't I come with you?" Jellybean whined, giving Betty a hug as well.

"You'll get lost," Jughead simply said, knowing that she actually would with her terrible luck.

"Shut up..." She mumbled, making him chuckle in amusement. 

"Jughead..." F.P. started, once again.

"Yes?" He questioned. 

"Just be careful with the snow and all..." F.P. nervously rambled on.