Chapter 28: Someday

Chapter 28: Someday

"Mama... Why are you crying..?"

Sakura's eyes widened as her hand slowly rose to touch the other side of her cheek to also feel the tears her daughter mentioned that are slowly going down on her face.

She cried without even realizing it. Sakura looks down at her daughter with her worried expression. "Mom?" Sarada called out to her again.

Sakura blinked and wiped her tears away with her apron as Sarada worriedly watched and listened to the sniffs she's making and decided to ask her what was going on with her mother.

"I-I'm sorry, Sarada.." Sakura blurts out, she wipes the left excess tears as she looks back at her daughter to pat her head, "No need to worry. Mama isn't just feeling good."

"You should rest then. You came back home late last night." Sarada said as both of them sat on the dining table together. Sakura shakes her head in disagreement. She shouldn't let this affect Sarada's mind and be distracted once she leaves to train with her teammates.

"Of course, I will. Let's eat first, you'll be late." Sakura said, preparing the food on Sarada's plate. Even though Sarada nodded, she let her be, but the concerned feelings for her mother are hard to let go.

After they finished their breakfast, Sarada pats the pack on the side of her leg where her kunais and her other weapons would be. She stands on the door, about to open it to leave when her mother rushed to her, "Sarada! Your headband!"

She turned to her mother who insisted on putting it around her head as she also fixed her hair, "There we go. Next time, don't forget about it."

"Yeah, I'm sorry.." She looks up at her smiling mother, "You better rest, Mama."

Sakura's eyes widened as it turned soft at the caring tone her daughter is giving, she bends down, kissing the forehead of her daughter. "Will do. Go now."

Sarada turns, opening the door, "I'll be going now!" Sakura watches as the door closes after, letting out a heavy sigh of relief. She was glad that Sarada wasn't asking too many questions about her current state just now.

Though, the fact they couldn't say much about their son to her feels horrible. Sakura turns around to clean up the mess as her thoughts come back. She will have to tell her today, with her husband, together.

Sarada runs out of the apartment to go out to the training grounds. She was on the street as she thought of hurrying up to the training grounds by going to the rooftops, but a few words from a group of gossipers stopped her from doing so.

"Yeah, it was definitely Sakura Uchiha. She said she saw them together! That damned medic!"

The gossiping women couldn't see Sarada from a distance, she moved away from their possible sights while they're distracted at talking more. She hid right at the side of a stall, close enough to hear their lame gossips, yet this one caught her attention.

A gasp emitted from one of them, "Really? What a disgrace! She's a married woman!" She says rather harshly, yet in a low tone for just both of them to hear, yet the girl from a distance could still hear their loud tongues.

Sarada then starts questioning what they're talking about, and as if the world heard her questions - the women gave a small hint to the answer.

"How dare she try to seduce a man who is also married, she's a part of the Uchiha family! How disrespectful..." Some of the ladies nodded their heads, said a few words in agreement.

As how Sarada would react, she would go against those insults they're spitting indirectly towards her mother, but still. Her thoughts start to wander at the way her mother had been reacting this week.