Chapter 23: The Other One

Riyu's eyes widen, "W-What?!" He ignored Sachi to look at Ena, "When did you find out!?"

Ena looks away, trying to breathe steadily. She looked down, already missing his warm hands wrapped around hers. "...While I was d-doing the mission."

At this Riyu stood up suddenly from the porch, his back facing them. Sachi and Ena wore worried faces, not sure what he is feeling.

They notice his hand raised to his face, and let out a sigh. "I don't know if I should be mad or be happy right now."

He turned to them and his hand out of his face, "Did you just find out?"

Ena's face flashed a guilty one as she shakes her head, "I.. I knew before the three weeks mission-"

"Why!?"

Her eyes fluttered, wincing at his change of tone. She looks down, looking at her hands that aren't held by his husband anymore. "They needed my skills, Riyu. There weren't a lot who was able to do it."

She heard footsteps coming closer and a pair of hands holding hers. The warmth of the gesture surprised her, lifting her head to see her husband's softened features.

"Alright.. Next time, tell me about this and don't decide on your own. Let me be a husband to you." He said, making her tear up.

Ena's arms wrapped around him and Sachi watched everything, feeling the tension subside. He walked up to them and hugged her mother from behind.

After their moment, they all let go as Ena starts wiping her tears. Riyu helps her with his napkin, while Sachi tries to sit patiently to say something.

When he couldn't hold it anymore, he bursted, "Is it a girl or a boy!?"

The two were surprised, their widened eyes aimed at him. The couple looks at each other and they chuckle. "Yeah, love. Do you know the gender?"

Ena gave a smile to both of his boys. She shakes her head, "I'll save it for later. Meanwhile let's go inside and prepare lunch."

"Fine." They grumbled.

Sachi and Riyu pouted but they both stood up to help Ena up from the porch, they all went inside as their topic changed to how they've been doing.

-~-~-~-

As Sarada helped with the laundry, she could hear the panic voice of heather from the living room. "Yes! Of course."

What happened? Sarada questioned in her mind.

"Right, I'll be there as soon as possible. Mhm, Bye." The line cuts off. Sarada comes out of the laundry room to see her mother rushing for her bag, and things she usually brings for a quick emergency that's outside the hospital.

"Is everything alright, Mama?"

Sakura turned to face her daughter and gave her a smile with a nod, "Yes...but actually no." She let out a sigh, taking her coat off the rack. Sarada followed her to the front door, "I might be home late. There's an emerge-"

Sarada smiled, her hands behind her back, "It's fine. You need to go fast right? I'll just finish the chores myself.

Sakura showed a grateful smile and kissed her daughter's forehead, "I'll be back when I'm done." She turns after wearing her shoes and she opens the door, "Take care, Mama!" The door closes.