Chapter 34: Suspicions

In the village that is becoming more silent as days pass by. On the porch, Ena sits on the edge, letting her legs hang. She was still mad at Riyu when she found out what he told her about Sachi before he left.

Her hands formed to fists but she couldn't let it get to her. She needs to feel less stress about situations whenever they fight because of their baby.

She looks down beside her, the food is still there that Riyu left. He prepared it for her this morning without saying anything. He knew that if he did, she wouldn't answer anyway. Ena looks at the food, getting cold and closes her eyes to think back to her argument with him last night after Sachi's departure.

-

"You what!?" She yelled at him.

Riyu told Ena that he informed Sachi to never believe the words of his real parents. In Riyu's words, whatever Sakura and Sasuke may reveal will not be the truth and Sachi always believed in what he said that it resulted in him keeping his promise to come back to the village.

Riyu stayed seated on their dining table and looked up at her when she stood up. "I had to."

"No, Riyu. No!" She combs her hair with her hand out of frustration, "You know that Sachi needs to know and makes his own decision! Why would you- Damn it!"

This made Riyu go to her side and calm her down, "Stop stressing... The baby, Ena."

"Well you sure are great at not making me stress, huh!" She was ticked off. "I never revealed the whole truth about Sachi's abandonment because I know when he meets Sakura... they'll explain it to him... He needs to know his past and decide his future by himself..!"

Riyu sighed, "I know.. I- just.. Ena.." He looks at her, her eyes filled with tears. He lays his head onto her forehead as he holds her arms. "Forgive me.. You know that we've all grown attached to the boy and..."

"What.." She moves away from him, her anger slowly fading.

"I know you're devastated to know Sachi will leave us. You and I both know how it will turn out when he meets his parents. Sachi may deserve to know but he belongs here.."

Ena shakes her head, and sees his head droop down. She tilted him up by his chin and here he was. Actually crying. The fool who doesn't show much of an expression is actually crying. It's not like it's the first time she saw him do this, because the last time he cried was years ago when his parents never came back.

"Riyu.." She hugs him, "Sachi needs to be with his actual parents. Don't you think he'll be frustrated with who to believe now? Not only are you making him doubt his real parents' words, you're making him question our actions... "

Ena starts to tear up at the thought of that young boy, lost in his thoughts. Riyu sighs, "You're right.. I'm sorry, but I can't..." Ena lets go of him as she wipes her tears.

"What do you mean you can't?"

Riyu apologizes again, "I can't say I regret what I told him."

Ena slaps him.

Riyu expected it anyway and he looks back at her with tears falling, "...You never cared for him. You wouldn't have said that if you cared for him." She walks away, "Tomorrow I'll make Papa and Grandpa re-plan Sachi's task.." She passes by him, slamming the bedroom door.

Riyu sits back on the chair, letting out all his exhaustion in one breath. "You're wrong, Ena.. I care for that kid."

He looks at the door she slammed, and laughs lightly, "He called me father.. For the first time.." He knew Ena wasn't so happy about what he said to Sachi but he could see that a part of her was reassured that he might come back to them, "That Sachi... what a bastard.."