Chapter 38: The Rumours

The sun was still up and bright, showing its bright ray of lights visiting her through her window. Sakura yawns, her arms raising for a stretch, leaning to the back of her chair. She took a good look around her desk, relieved to find herself successfully going through the files and paperwork she had to manage. Gladly there weren't any critical emergencies with patients that she was needed for.

As soon as her alarm rang, it was time for lunch. Since she's done with all her work, and checking up a few children in the clinic, she was done for the day.

"Mrs. Uchiha, you can rest for a while." Her assistant had said while organizing Sakura's mess. "I've heard about your son coming back, the staff are willing to let you take a leave and spend your time with them."

Sakura gave a slight smile, "..Thank you, but-" Her stomach had betrayed her for reasoning with her staff and had to interrupt their conversation.

Her assistant let out a chuckle, "It's time for lunch it seems. Sakura, you don't need to rush, there's not a lot of patients you need to worry about." She gives her a grin and looks around her desk, all the paperworks organised and finished. "It seems you're ready to go."

Sakura stopped rubbing her stomach and looked up at her in confusion, "Go where?"

Her assistant was already at the door, opened for her to leave, she looked back at her boss, "To your family, of course! See you later!" She pushed Sakura away from the door and then closed it in the process. Sakura smiles and shakes her head. Sakura was reminded of the times whenher assistant was always persistent to give her rest, never giving her any room to say anything back.

It reminded her of that day when her assistant heard of Sasuke's return, but Sakura had a busy schedule at that time but her assistant decided to deal with everything just so she could see him. Sakura's heart warmed up by the sweet gesture.

She looks down at her watch and back to the hallway, thinking about spending her lunch with her family. She then thought of Sachi, "I did need to ask him about something." Her stomach grumbled again, another reminder of her hunger.

Walking down the hallway, she bumps to a person, slightly tripping herself. "I'm so sorry-"

A man catches her from tripping, "Sakura-san." A low voice that rang a familiar tone to Sakura. Eager to see who it may be, she looks up to see a familiar man, gasping. She hadn't seen him for a very long time.

She gleamed in realization, "Shiro! It's been a while!" She stood up from his hold, and grabbed the sides of his arms, "Look at you! How have you been?"

He smiled down at her, "It has been a while and I've been doing quite alright. I wanted to greet you first and see how the clinic has been doing. How about you?" He took note of her strong grip but he never minded her friendly approach despite the strong beat in his chest.

She grinned at him, letting go of his arms to put her hands on her sides, "The kids are luckily doing alright these days and I've been doing great. There's so much I have to tell you."

He nods, "I saw, and it's no wonder since it's you, of course." It seems that she didn't notice his disappointment when she let go of him.

Sakura looks at him with raised eyebrows and a smirk, "Don't say that, trying to get on my good side as always." She let out a big sigh, "I still remember your reckless little self when we were kids."

He raised both his hands in surrender, "Well. I'm not all that anymore," He chuckles, "I was only reckless just so I could be around you."

She shakes her head in disbelief, "You made me run in circles till I got dizzy. I also had to patch you up because you were always getting hurt."