Chapter 6: Leaving With Hope To Rely On

Morning came and Sakura's eyes slowly opened, as she rubbed the sleepiness that was left. She noticed Sarada wasn't beside her, at that she became frantic until she heard small snores across her bed.

She sat up to see Sarada in Sasuke's arm as he cradles her. Sakura could see a small smile on his face, making her heart melt as always. As she moved to sit up right, Sasuke quickly turned his head to face her.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked. Sakura could hear the concern in his voice, she nodded.

"How's Sarada?"

Sasuke started walking towards her, making Sakura see Sarada properly. As always, the little girl was sleeping and her little snores made her smile.

Someone knocked on the door, "It's Karin!" Sasuke looked at the door suspiciously to check her chakra, and it was her.

"Come in."

Karin opened the door with food on plates for them, "Thought you guys would be hungry."

Sakura smiled at her thoughtfulness as she nodded. She was indeed hungry, and she'll have to gain more nutrients to feed Sarada anyway.

After they ate, Sakura then fed Sarada, making her think of her other child who probably hasn't eaten yet. When she's done, her frown was noticed by two questioning faces.

"What are you thinking about, Sakura?"

She hardly looked up to Karin to give the answer but she spoke as she played with Sarada's baby hair. "If he has eaten yet." She simply said.

This also made them frown at the thought as they already knew who 'he' was. Sasuke couldn't make up words as the thoughts of his child being a newborn, and already gone the next. It wanted him to kill whoever was after him again.

Too many people have been against him, and this is also why it's hard for him to go back to Konoha. Even accepting Sakura's feelings and returning it was hard to do. He wondered if the loss of his own child was the payment of his mistakes and sins.

Karin felt the depressing mood and spoke up, "I hope he has, and I think he'll be fine." At that, Sakura remained to be hopeful as Karin. She couldn't think of negative thoughts now, she has to be positive.

Sakura smiled and nodded at her. Sasuke couldn't say a thing still, but he did start thinking of any possibilities to whom is coming for him this time. He got up and wrote a note.

Telling Kakashi to prepare an investigation about another group of people that are plotting to get him and his family. He also mentioned that his son is captured and if possible, maybe look for him.

The note was tied to the falcon, and then flew to be delivered. Sakura didn't have to ask, she already had an idea of what he wrote anyway.

"Well, when are you guys leavi-"

"Now." Sasuke interrupted, "Those guys know we're here, and we need to leave as soon as possible before they come back."

Karin and Sakura nodded understandingly. Sakura's chakra and strength was back and her soreness was fading. After she dressed up, and yes, her little baby bump was still there but sooner or later it'll start becoming smaller.

After they're prepared, Sakura was able to walk on her feet, Sarada in her arms. Sasuke held her bag that had herbs. While going outside, Sasuke was full on alert.

"Thanks a lot for the help, Karin!" Sakura exclaimed and waved her hand when she was a few feet away from her.

"No problem! Take good care of yourselves and Sarada!" She reminded them. Sasuke nodded in appreciation, "Thank you."