Chapter 2: The News About Them

Months passed by, and Sakura successfully took care of mostly everyone. Not a lot of the villagers are struggling from the huge overwhelming shock of being taken chakra from them. Gladly, she was able to manage her own chakra to them

Inside the multiple rooms in the hospital where the patients once laid weakly are now sitting up and eating properly with people they can talk to. Give them a few more weeks, and the rest will be back to normal.

Even though she was done healing many villagers, they still needed to have a specific medicine to heal the parts that needed to keep their chakra settled and make sure it isn't as overwhelming for their body. It seems that these slight changes and problems were by the people who had taken it.

It was no denying that she had a hard time since her mood swings would interrupt and be a bother with a few workers that were assigned to her.

Though, the one who's struggling the most is her husband. Everytime Sasuke forced her to rest and take a break once in a while eversince the sudden news of her pregnancy became the main thing in their responsibilities.

The two could tell her baby bump was starting to grow and become more visible, meaning her vulnerability as a kunoichi also grew. So, as stubborn as the well known Sakura can be, that didn't stop her from working either way.

"Sasuke, we're fine." Sakura said as her husband walked alongside her to her office. Sasuke didn't say anything, making Sakura pout in annoyance.

She opened her office to see piles of papers on her table, mostly updates about the patients about their current statues. These came from the other medics who were fully recovered and some that volunteered to help. She turns to her husband, "I'll see you at noon then." He only nodded in response.

"Sakura-sama!" A woman - one of her assistants greeted cheerfully outside the opened door, carrying a box. She stopped to see Sasuke right beside Sakura, who was about to leave.

She greeted Sasuke shyly, and Sakura didn't mind this or rather she just got used to how most of the women tend to act rather differently when her husband is around. Of course she would know why.

Her assistant then turned to her adored medic-nin, Sakura, only to have the box drop along with her jaw when she sees the big bump that Sakura is showing.

"A-Ar-re Y-Y-You P-Pre-g-g-n-"

Sakura smiled at her assistant, "Yes. I'm Pregnant, Jine."

Her temporary assistant, Jine, helped Sakura most of the time. Because of that, she was too busy to do most of her tasks that Sakura would have a prepared written paper for her, so usually she doesn't see her as much.

Jine gave her a big smile and walked towards her, giving her a hug but stopped in her tracks when she realized she should be more gentle and not too tight.

Sasuke was about to stop the girl from squishing her, and his child but he realized how soft she was handling his wife.

Jine then took Sakura's hands in front of them, "Congratulations, Sakura-sama!" She grinned close-eyed.

Jine looked over to Sasuke, "You too, Sasuke-san!" She said cheerfully. He nodded at the girl who then bid her farewell, picked up the box and left.

Sakura and Sasuke stood beside each other, he looked at her, "That's why I come with you." He states, making Sakura scoff.

She elbows his side, "whatever, she didn't crush me or anything." She gave him a gentle smile as she kissed him on the cheek, "See you then."

"Hn." He grunted in annoyance as he turned to leave her office. He seems to get quite ticked off at the way his wife can casually be affectionate around him, while his inexperienced self has to be caught off-guard by it. Then again, he wasn't that inexperienced.