Chapter 9: Becoming A Mother

When they arrived at their apartment, Sakura decided to feed Sarada while Sasuke left to buy more of his weapons. The men he fought with used up most of his weapons.

Before Sasuke left, someone knocked on the door. He opened it to see Kito and his daughter, Mina came to view, "You're back, Sasuke!" Kito exclaimed, and Mina who grew a year older waved, "Hello Mr. Uchiha, where is Sakura-san?" She asked.

Before Sasuke could answer, Sakura beat him to it, "I'm over here, Mina!"

Sasuke made way as the little girl ran to the living room, but Kito stayed with Sasuke. "What a bad timing. Sakura and the other doctors were positive she would give birth a week or so." He explained.

Sasuke narrowed his brows in disappointment, "There's nothing we can do now, do we?"

Kito visibly flinched, but he scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "Yeah, we're sorry. So how's your child? I heard it was a girl."

"Yes." Sasuke said plainly, he walked past him as Kito followed the Uchiha.

"What's her name?" Kito asked, he waved to the stable villagers walking in the village. Feeling lively, and talking about the famous medic's child.

"Sarada."

Kito turned to the Uchiha and smiled, "Good name." Then Sasuke stopped in his tracks and Kito followed suit. Sasuke turned to Kito who's eyes widened, "Kito, how long do we have to stay here?"

The man just shrugged at him, "Not for too long, I can say. Your wife has done a great job at healing and transferring some of her chakra to most of us." Kito glanced at the view of people walking, talking, kids running and smiling.

Kito continued, "I heard my wife learned a lot from her too. From what I know, Sakura is almost done with her work here. You guys stayed here for like 6 months or more?"

Sasuke nodded, feeling upset he never noticed the possibility of Sakura's pregnancy to reveal as soon as they left. He should've thought that as soon as he noticed the certain changes of Sakura when they decided to leave Konoha for a 2 months trip.

"Yeah, I bet you miss your home. You've been gone for too long." Kito said, "Anyway, I'll make sure your safety is our first priority when you come back. I'll get some of my guys to travel with your family."

Sasuke sighed of relief and nodded gratefully. He continued to go to a weapons' shop, and didn't mind while Kito tagged along and asked questions.

-~-~-~-

The baby's cries were getting louder, and Ena's relatives came towards her, "What is it? Why is it crying?" Her frantic father asked.

"He's probably hungry..." She thought and Matsy told her to take some milk and make it sleep. She nodded. After getting milk and asking for a baby's bottle, she poured it as the baby's cries told her he was one impatient baby.

They were now in their family's house and the baby is laying on the couch, "It's coming, it's coming." She said, running with the milk bottle. She placed it to the baby's mouth as it chugged the milk. 'You really were hungry.. Poor little guy..' She thought.

The baby was now in her arms as she swayed side to side to make it sleep. Luckily they had some formula for it to be fed properly since the little guy's mother isn't here to breastfeed him and it would be weird to ask for others.

Plus, she wasn't ready to spread the news of her new... son? She didn't know what to call or see the child as. She thought she was just babysitting a guy who'll give them freedom, but I guess she'll have to pretend to be its mother for his sake.