Chapter 46

'Megan!' Lisa's voice squealed, waking me with a start. My dad was sat on a chair beside me with a paper cup of coffee. 'Oh my god, I missed you so much!'

'Hey Lisa.' I smiled after removing my oxygen mask. 'Hi Charlie.' I added as he walked in.

'How are you feeling?' Charlie smiled as the pair of them sat down beside me.

'I'm okay.' I nodded, glancing at the scars on my arm. 'How are you guys?'

'Amazing!' Lisa grinned. 'I literally said to Charlie last night that the only thing that could make the night better would be if you were here to celebrate with us!'

'I'm convinced she's magic.' Charlie chuckled.

'What happened last night? Celebrate what?' I frowned in confusion.

Lisa held her hand out and light reflected off of an engagement ring. 'Charlie proposed!'

'Oh my gosh that's incredible!' I grinned. 'Congrats you guys.'

'Thanks. Lisa and I moved in together a few months ago, and it just felt like the right time.' Charlie grinned.

'I know we're still young but sometimes, you just know.'  Lisa smiled. 'Will you be my maid of honour?'

'Really?' I gasped in surprise.

'Of course. The wedding won't be for a while yet so you'll have plenty of time to recover.'

'I'd love to.' I smiled, squeezing her hand. Lisa squealed and gave me a hug. 'Thank you, Lisa.'

'I'm so glad you're awake, I've missed having girl time. It's just Charlie and Logan all the time, Frankie is barely around because they're at uni.'

My ears pricked at the sound of Logan's name. 'How is Logan?' I asked, as everyone suddenly looked around awkwardly. 'What is it?'

'Uh... I'm really sorry Megan.' Lisa sighed, and I suddenly started to panic.

'What? What is it? Is he okay?' I asked, sitting up straight in a panic.

'Calm down Pumpkin.' My dad said, concerned about my breathing. 'He's fine.'

'It's just... he started seeing someone last year.' Lisa explained, watching my face carefully.

'Oh.' I breathed, disappointment sinking in, as I felt my heart breaking slightly. 'That's understandable I guess. We were in a weird place when they took me... I can't blame him for not waiting around for two years.'

'You don't need to pretend for us.' Lisa sighed. 'It's okay to be upset.'

'No, I'm okay. Just disappointed I guess. I just hoped he would be here.' I whispered, my eyes blurring with tears. 'What's she like?'

'She's a bitch.' Lisa said, as Charlie rolled his eyes.

'She's not that bad. You just don't like her because she's not Megan.' Charlie laughed. 'Her name is Thea.'

'Logan and Megan never broke up. It's not fair to you, Meg. I just couldn't be happy for him.' Lisa shook her head.

'He knows you woke up.' Charlie said. 'I'm sure he'll come and visit to explain.'

'Better not be while I'm here.' My dad scoffed, making me roll my eyes.

'Really dad, still?' I sighed.

'Every time I warm back up to him, he screws it up again.' My dad said firmly. 'I don't like him.'

'Dad, I don't blame him for not waiting around. He's young guy, why would he wait around for me while i'm in a coma?'