Chapter 26

Putting down my pen, I finished my entry for today. October 30th. A whole month since Benji came back into my life.

One month and he'd destroyed everything. I wasn't going to let him anymore. I needed to speak to my friends. I needed to apologise and tell them I love them. I needed to fix it before it was too late.

We didn't have college today as it was half term break, but I would talk to them. I couldn't tell them the truth, I wasn't ready to take that risk, but I would do what I could to make things right.

'Hey pumpkin, where are you headed?' My dad said as I walked to the door.

'Charlie is having a Halloween party. I need to find my friends and say I'm sorry.' I said.

'You're not in costume.' My dad frowned suspiciously.

'I don't want to hang around if they don't want to forgive me.' I tried to explain. My dad nodded.

'I'm sure they will Pumpkin. You've been going through a rough patch.' He sighed, before a small smile appeared on his lips. 'Ha, pumpkin patch.'

'Hilarious.' I rolled my eyes, before pulling him into a tight hug. 'I love you dad. So much.'

'I love you too Pumpkin.' He sighed. 'Are you sure you're okay?'

'I will be. I just need to fix things.' I sighed, still hating that I was lying to him.

As I stood outside Charlie's house, I felt sick. What if they didn't forgive me? I couldn't end things like that. Suddenly Charlie opened the door, dressed in a superman costume, and pulled me into a hug.

'You're here.' He sighed happily.

'Sorry, I know I wasn't technically invited.' I forced a smile.

'Don't be ridiculous. Mi casa es su casa, literally.' Charlie laughed.

'I can't stay. Are Lisa and Freddie here?' I asked quietly.

'In the kitchen.' Charlie nodded.

'Can you get them to come out here?' I asked. 'I need to fix things and I... going in there right now isn't a good idea.'

'Sure.' Charlie smiled understandingly before disappearing into the house.

Lisa came out in a cat costume, while Frankie wore a Devil's costume. They both looked surprised to see me.

'I need to apologise.' I blurted out, biting the bullet. 'My head was a mess and I took it out on you. I shouldn't have shut you out. I'm so sorry. You guys are amazing friends and I don't deserve you.'

'Megan.' Lisa sighed, tilting her head. 'We're only worried about you.'

'I'm so sorry.' I cried as they pulled me into a group hug. 'I was just so scared of losing everything again that I pushed you away so it would hurt less.'

'You're not gonna lose us Meg.' Frankie whispered. 'We can't help you if you shut us out.'

'It won't happen again.' I whispered.

'I missed you Meg.' Lisa smiled. 'I have so much to tell you.'

'I can't stay long Lisa. This is sort of an apology tour.' I laughed awkwardly. Or a goodbye tour.

'Logan can wait.' Lisa said pulling me to sit on the wall. 'Charlie officially asked me out.'

'Congratulations Lisa. I'm so happy for you.' I smiled. 'You guys are a great couple.'

'You and Logan should come on a double date some time.' Lisa smiled.

'Oh joy. Forever a 5th wheel.' Frankie rolled their eyes.

'Thats if he even forgives me.' I sighed. 'Do you know if he's still staying at Mandy's?'

'Last I heard yeah.' Frankie nodded. 'He's going to forgive you though, he's in love with you.'

Logan might forgive me for ghosting him. He might forgive me for lying. But could he forgive me for what I hadn't done yet?

'I need to go.' I smiled sadly. 'I love you guys.'

'Love you too Meggy.' Lisa smiled. 'Go get him.'

I hugged them both once more, saying goodbye, before I started to walk towards Mandy's apartment. It was about a 10 minute walk, and the closer I got, the more nervous I was.

Suddenly my phone buzzed with a text from Logan.

My mum is sick, please come. I need help.

My heart pounded in my chest as I tried calling him, but it went to answerphone every time. Was this my fault? Did I do something that Benji didn't like?

Suddenly changing directions, I sprinted to the block of flats that Logan lived in when we met. Logan couldn't lose his mother, when she almost died last time, he was a mess. I needed to be there for him.

I pounded on the door, and Logan opened it instantly, pulling me into a hug.

'Is she okay?' I breathed, trying to catch my breath.

'I'm so so sorry, Megan.' Logan cried, his eyes red with tears.

'What are you talking about? Where's your mum?' I said, pulling away from his hug and looking around the apartment. Once I saw her bedroom door cracked open, Logan took me to it.

'Please forgive me Megan. I couldn't let her die.' Logan sobbed. 'I love you.'

'Logan, what's going on?' I said, my voice trembling. The door opened wider, and I expected to see his mother, but was instead greeted with the evil smirks of Cole and Benji.