Shy but strong~ Mirage x Shy!Reader

Your POV

An hour ago, I was admitted into the Apex games. I have wanted to join them since I was a child.

My parents were confused about my wish. Such a shy person, wanted to compete in a bloodsport? Well, I am that shy person. I can hardly talk to others, but I think the guns will do all the talking for me...

I was assigned to live in the same room as another legend. Oh no, this is what I was afraid of!

As I unlock the door and open it, I see a male legend, who is checking himself out in the mirror.

Half of the room is covered in merch. It's merch of him. He must like himself...

"Um...h-hello..." I call to the man. "I-I uh, believe that w-we are, um, well, roommates!" I stammer.

He grins and walks to me, "Hey! You must be (Y/N)! I'm Elliott, but in the games, they call me Mirage~" He explains as he finger guns at me.

I let out a giggle, "Ha, th-thanks." I think I may like hanging out with Elliott. He is cute, after all...

Timeskip 4 days

Narrator POV

(Y/N) and Mirage were in the middle of a match. With only 9 squads left, the chances of victory increased.

"Um, hey E-Elliott?" (Y/N) caught the attention of Mirage.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"W-Well, do you, um, need this, this turbocharger?" They questioned nervously.

Elliott was quite happy. "Oh yes, I need that." He took the turbocharger. "Thanks~" He thanked with a wink.

(Y/N) was extremely flustered, with blush covering the entirety of their cheeks. "You're-You're welcome..." They shyly acknowledged.

The duo entered a fight with an enemy squad. At one point, (Y/N) was downed.

"I'm down, h-help me please..." They announced.

The holographic trickster ran to their side. "Mirage is here to save the day." He went invisible while reviving (Y/N). "Don't worry, everyone gets downed. You are pretty strong for surviving this long!" He assured the shy legend.

"...Th-Thank you Mirage..." They stated while standing back up and recharging their shields.

All Mirage did in return was a wink, leaving the already flustered (Y/N) a complete mess.

Timeskip after match

(Y/N) wanted to thank Mirage for saving them in the last match. They turned to the trickster, who was right next to them, and muttered, "Thank you!"

Mirage looked confused. "Uh sorry, what was that?"

With a small burst of confidence, (Y/N) pecked his cheek and then ran away in embarrassment.

Mirage's POV

I blushed, placing my hand where (Y/N) kissed me. Wow, they are really cute. Shy but strong~