Without the mask? Wraith x Bloodhound

Requested by Fanfictiondotgov

Plot: Bloodhound takes off their mask in front of Wraith for the first time.

Wraith's POV

"Renee, would you please release Artur from my room?" They asked me.

I smiled, and nodded, "Sure thing, Hound."

I knew why Bloodhound had asked me to do it instead of letting Artur out themself. They were calm, reading a leather-covered book. Bloodhound was perfectly calm, and I didn't want to have that ruined by them leaving their spot to free the bird...

So I walked to the hunter's room, and gently grasped the doorknob, creaking the door open, as a flash of black feathers dashed out, almost not visible at the speed it was going at.

Then again, Artur was never exactly a slow raven.

I liked him. He was Bloth's closest companion, and reincarnated uncle, as they expressed to me.

I followed where the raven trekked, and grinned when I saw him perched onto the handle of Bloodhound's mahogany chair. They showed him some affection when greeting him, which warmed my heart.

"Thank you elskan..." The nonbinary hunter showed their appreciation to me.

I was very happy to assist them, but my loving thoughts of Bloodhound were interrupted by a single question...

What do they look like...Without the mask?

It's a question I've had since the first day I met Bloodhound. They never revealed their face to me, even after we began dating 2 months ago. I always wondered why they didn't show me their face...

And what did they look like?

Were their eyes a deep, romantic chocolate color? Perhaps the same blue as the beautiful ocean? Maybe their eyes were a beautiful shade of green that matched nature perfectly. Or...they might have eyes that glow with a silver hue...

Silver eyes...

Bloodhound's mysterious orbs might be a color more beautiful than any I experienced, but I wouldn't know.

Ask them.

Their hair. What about their hair? Is it long and wavy kept back in the mask? Short and tidy? Did Bloodhound's hair compare to the softness of silk? And what gorgeous color could express itself in their hair?

Ask them.

But I'll never know until I ask.

Ask them now. My voices echoed in my head.

I won't get to see them smile until I ask.

"Renee? Are you alright?" I snapped out of my deep thoughts as my lover voiced out to me. "Your face seems to be quite flushed..."

I stuttered. "H-Hound...there's something I-I wanted to ask of you..."

They tilted their head. "What exactly, my love?"

I took a deep breath. "May I see what you look like without your mask, Bloth Hoondr?"

A light gasp escaped from them. "You want to see...my face?"

I nodded shyly.

This was a mistake.

But before I could apologize, their hands reached to their mask, removing it.

And what I saw was a new kind of beauty.

They gazed into my clear, light blue eyes with their own silver orbs. Silver that shined brightly in the sun. Bloodhound's complexion almost seemed familiar. Not in a disturbing way, but rather one that warmed my heart. Their hair was messy and long, but still beautiful, as a darker shade of red. Scars and tattoos were in various places around their face...

But the feature of them that struck me the most was their perfect smile...

"O-Oh..." I stammered. "You're beautiful, babe..."