Maybe we could try? Mirage x Bloodhound

Gift for Holly_Volturi

Soulmate AU

Plot: A red string wrapped around the finger is connected to your soulmate. You can only see the string when you kiss your soulmate. In this very way, Mirage learns who his soulmate is.

(A/N): Mentioned Cryptane

Narrator POV

A bright red glow caught Elliott's attention. He turned to face the glow, only to see a red string wrapped around the finger of Crypto and Octane.

They were soulmates. The red strings didn't lie.

Mirage was happy to see that Octane had finally found the love of his life. The one person he was destined to be with forever.

It must have been a nice feeling. Crypto and Octane were already in love, before they discovered they were soulmates. Neither of them were heartbroken.

Their hearts were right all along.

But it was truly a shame for Elliott.

Many years passed by as he tried to find his soulmate. As easy as his heart could find love, it could also be broken.

No one he ever kissed was his soulmate. Not yet.

But he was in love.

And this love was different. It wasn't for a female nor a male, but rather someone who is neither.

Bloodhound.

Mirage had feelings for the hunter. Strong feelings.

But he knew they weren't soulmates. Or perhaps...he didn't think so...

Elliott twirled the rose around his fingers, sighing. He had slipped a note into the nonbinary legend's room. It was a note that requested them to meet Mirage under a cherry tree.

Mirage closed his eyes, a blissful feeling washing over him as a cherry blossom petal landed gently on his nose.

He chuckled, and took it off, inspecting it in his hands.

The petal was soft to the touch, and a beautiful shade of light pink. He remembered seeing the exact same petal in a dream he had 10 years ago. A vivid, yet curious dream.

The trickster was so caught up in his own silent fantasy that he failed to notice that Bloodhound had arrived.

"Mirage? You wanted to meet me here?" The hunter spoke up, their attractive accent interrupting Elliott's thoughts.

His eyes shot open. "Oh, uh, hey Bloodhound!"

The male was blushing. "Yeah, I..."

Bloodhound tilted their head, curious of what Mirage was wanting to say.

"Bloodhound, I...I love you. Like, a lot. And, I've kinda had these feelings for a long time, and I know we probably are not soulmates but..." His face was a flushed, red color, the shade of blood, but it wasn't unnerving like blood.

"Maybe we could try?" He asked. "Just one kiss?"

Under their mask, Bloth Hoondr was flustered.

Elliott could tell he embarrassed Bloodhound. "Oh god, I'm sorry! I-I'm such an idiot! I was trying to be cool, and confess my love, and get a kiss because I simp for you-"

His bisexual/pansexual panic was adorable to the hunter. They chuckled, "Elliott. I love you too. And...I suppose we could try. Just once..."

Bloodhound removed their mask, and Elliott froze when seeing their face. Their silver eyes were eons old, and could tell every story of their past.

Elliott looked away, feeling nervous, until Bloodhound placed both of their hands on his shoulders, and leaned closer to him.

Mirage finally gained the confidence to plant his lips on those of the gender neutral legend's.

As Elliott melted into the kiss, he felt pure ecstacy. All the troubles he ever faced seemed small, as he was feeling an emotion much bigger than stress or fear.

After what felt like eternity, both legends ended the kiss, and gasped as they saw a bright red glow...

They were soulmates after all...