I will win your heart~ Crypto x Gamer!Reader

Requested by greenapple365

Plot: Crypto and (Y/N) make a bet about who is better at playing video games, and there is a cost for the loser...

(A/N): Platonic Cryptane, and (N/N) means nickname

Narrator POV

"I'm the best gamer, amigo!"

"No, I am!"

For about 15 minutes, Octane and (Y/N) had been arguing over who was the best gamer out of all legends.

"Just face it (Y/N), I'm the best!~" Octavio sang, snickering as he twitched slightly. "You may be good, but no one can beat me!"

(Y/N) rolled their eyes. "Really? Didn't you try to beat Crypto at a level of your favorite racing game? If I remember properly, he beat you. Easily."

Octavio blushed lightly from embarrassment. He never liked to admit defeat. "Ey, I LET him win. Nobody can out-race the Octrain!" He put emphasis on his special nickname.

"And yet, he did. I know you didn't just let him." (Y/N) chuckled. "I know you well enough to know that you don't just let people win. You always do your best, amd strive for first place."

The daredevil sighed in defeat. "Fine, maaaybe he did actually beat me, but it's not like you could do better than him!"

(Y/N) crossed their arms, making a neutral facial expression. "I most certainly could."

"Then what's stopping you for challenging me?"

(Y/N) jumped from being startled, as they turned to face the person behind them who had spoken up. It was Crypto, the hacker himself.

Their cheeks turned a shade of pink. "Oh, hello Crypto..."

Tae brushed his soft, dark brown hair out of his eyes. "Octavio, we both know that I won. Get over it, kid."

"Yeah yeah." Octane pouted, walking behind the taller male, as he grabbed Crypto's sleeve of his white coat, and pulled him backwards by a couple of feet.

Usually, when Octane wanted to whisper something to a male legend, he would need them to crouch to the ground. Though, this wasn't a problem for the speed demon this time, because Crypto was only an inch taller than Octane.

"Amigo." The demon whispered into Tae's ear. "I know you like (Y/N). You should really challenge them to a game, and make them do something for you if they loose."

The Korean legend's face heated up, and he growled at Octane, whispering back, "That's ridiculous. I don't like them."

(Y/N) watched the two males, and raised an eyebrow. "Um, what are you two talking about?"

"Ay (Y/N)! Crypto was just talking about how he'd like to play a match against you! Winner makes the loser do anything they want!" Octavio stated.

Tae growled, "I never said that-"

But Octane's comment caused (Y/N) a lot of excitement, and due to that, they didn't hear what Crypto had to say. "Sure! I'd love to see who wins! Though, it's going to be me." The gender neutral legend replied with confidence.

The hacker (I almost typed "jacker." That would have been weird. His name is not Jack!) sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to persuade (Y/N) into calling off the deal. He put both hands in his pockets.

"Alright."

Time skip 5 minutes

Octane had a console in his room that he was going to let Tae and (Y/N) use. Of course, both of the other legends accepted this offer, mainly due to the fact that Octane had more controllers, making multiplayer games possible.

Crypto spotted a lime green bean bag, and a gaming chair near the console. As much as Tae wanted the seating advantage, he was a simp, and offered it to (Y/N). "Ya, (Y/N), you can take the chair."

(Y/N) glanced at Tae. "No, it's fine, I don't need it. You can have it!"

The male's eyes narrowed. "I insist you take it, (N/N)."
He walked closer to his genderless friend, and gently pushed them onto the gaming chair.

(Y/N) sighed, rolling their eyes. "Fineeee. So anyways, if I win, you need to buy me a new video game!"

Tae shrugged, "That won't be happening. If I win..." An idea popped into his mind. A date. He could make (Y/N) go on a date with him.

Crypto hid the blush on his face. If (Y/N) were to know in advance, that would surely ruin their friendship. It had to stay a secret, until he won. "I'll tell you if I win."

(Y/N) grinned, "Oh, keeping it a secret? I like those~"

Both legends booted up the console, and Octavio looked at them with a sly gaze. "Having a good date, ¿mi amigos?~"

The Korean hissed, glaring at Octane. "We're just friends!"

(Y/N) sighed quietly as they heard his words. "Yeah...just friends..."

Perhaps they did like him? (Y/N) didn't make any feelings towards Crypto too obvious, or at least, they thought so. But if someone with an IQ equivalent to Octane's could figure that out, it was DEFINITELY obvious.

Except to Tae, apparently.

All Octane did was grin under his mask, and chuckle. "I'll leave you too alone for now. Invite me to the wedding~"

"Heck no, Octavio. You're famous for ruining weddings." (Y/N) spat, then realized that they did not imply disagreeing with his opinion. "Not like I'd marry him anyways..."

"Sure~" Octavio's final words before leaving his own room.

(Y/N) looked back at the screen to see that Crypto had already booted up the game, and even handed them a controller. "(Y/N), are you ready?"

They smiled, trying to grab the controller, but accidently brushing their hand against Tae's. Both legends were embarrassed by the action, but (Y/N) quickly tried to move on as they practically snatched the controller from Tae's half-metal hand. "Uh, thanks..."

"R-Right..." He averted his eyes from (Y/N) beautiful figure. Their perfect looks added onto the distraction they caused Tae.

The romantically-frustrated legend ignored his thoughts about the other, as he latched onto his own controller, and began the game.

Time skip 10 minutes

(Y/N) groaned as they watched Crypto winning the game. They had both decided to play a racing game, and Tae was ahead of his crush.

As the last lap was just seconds away, (Y/N) growled, trying their best to smash into Tae's car, but it was no use.

He crossed the line. The finish line.

On the TV, the words "Crypto1010 is the winner" flashed on the screen.

Tae smiled internally, but kept a neutral face externally as he glanced at (Y/N), who shrugged, admitting defeat.

"I can't believe you won, dude." (Y/N) chuckled. "Looks like I have to hold up my end of the deal, 'Master.'" They mocked the word "Master," as if pretending to be Tae's new slave.

Crypto scratched the back of his neck nervously. "I...you have to..." He was getting nervous, something very unusual for Tae. "나랑 데이트 해야지, 내 참새..."

The gender neutral legend tilted their head in confusion, as they didn't understand Korean. "Sorry, what was that? I don't speak weaboo-"

"You have to go on a date with me!" He quickly blurted, covering his face to hide the excessive blush.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. "You...want a date with me?"

Tae nodded. "Ya. I...I want to spend my day with you on a date."

(Y/N) had a simp overload, but kept their cool. "I'd love to, Crypto!"

He smirked, kissing their cheek. "당신은 정말로 나를 살아있음을 느끼게 해줘요, 참새. I will win your heart~"

(Y/N) blushed deeply. "Who said you haven't already?~"