Traitor... Caustic x Crypto

Narrator POV

Every legend was upset about what Caustic had done. He ratted them out to Revenant. Although Wattson was upset, the most damaged relationship was not between her and the doctor.

It was between Crypto and Caustic.

For a while, the hacker and scientist were dating in secret. They loved each other. They respected each other.

What happened?

The doctor told Revenant everything. It was all out of jealousy, something Alexander never thought he would feel...

Flashback

Caustic's POV

I have come to the conclusion that Tae no longer has feelings for me. That boy...has been spending much time with Ms. Paquette. They laugh together, and the fact that Mr. Park has not decided to end our relationship, but dare I say it, cheat on me, is quite...disappointing.

Maybe I am overreacting. I will speak with him soon.

Timeskip 2 hours

Before I enter the room with Ms. Paquette and Crypto, I hear them talking.

"Crypto, Dr. Caustic does not love you." Spoke the female.

"이런 젠장! You are crazy! We are-" Crypto says as he is interrupted by Wattson.

"But I do." I peek behind the corner to witness the two of them kissing. Crypto didn't even pull back.

He really doesn't love me.

End of Flashback

"배신자! You sold us out!" Crypto yelled at me.

Narrator POV

"You and Ms. Paquette were becoming quite...close. I needed her to focus." Caustic lied to the younger man.

"That-" Crypto paused for a second. "You stalked us. You saw her kiss me."

"That's correct, boy. You should have never began a romantic relationship with me if your feelings for me were fake."

Tae Joon Park gasped, "사실이 아니다! She kissed me! I don't love her in that way!"

Caustic sighed, "With all the lying you have committed in the past, how can I trust you?"

The older man walked away.

Crypto dropped to the ground, trying to fight back tears. After every bad thing that happened in his life, how could he not cry?

Crypto's POV

믿을 수 없는. THIS is why that man snitched?

But...Alex is right. I have lied so much. I regret it all.

I really did have feelings for him, but they are fading...

Timeskip 1 year

I will break that old man. He hurt us all. Over a small misunderstanding.

I was put into my next squad. 좋은, I don't have to work with HIM, just Pathfinder and Lifeline.

Timeskip 5 minutes

I switched to my drone view. I don't care about breaking the game anymore, I just want to find him.

Soon, I find the scientist. In Capitol City, huh?

I followed Caustic in secret. No one must know of what I will do.

Suddenly, he speaks up, "I know you are there, Tae." Caustic aims his prowler at me and fires until I am downed.

It's always painful being downed. He walks to me, looking doubtful for a second. "You are nothing." He states harshly while choking me.

Before I completely bleed out, I am able to murmur one last sentence,

"I love you...Traitor..."

Caustic's POV

His words struck me. The boy bleeds out, as I replay his words in my head.

Why did I do this?