I-I can't... Mirage x Reader

Requested by Holly_Volturi

Plot: Mirage and (Y/N) recently became a couple. They are on the battle field, but not in the same squad. They don't see each other until the very end where they are both now solos, because their squads died and there were no respawn beacons. It's really just the two of them, and they pretend to try and kill each other but they just can't. The ring gets so small that they are practically right next to each other, but neither shoots. (Y/N) decides to step into the ring. Mirage panics and does the same, but (Y/N) dies first. Back at the dropship, Mirage is a bit sulky about it, but they talk about resolving the issue of fighting on the battlefield.

Your POV

We have been put into a match, but I realize that Elliott is not on my team!

This is not good! I can't kill him, we recently started dating, and he is too handsome to kill!

Maybe if I'm lucky...I will die before I can find Elliott!

I noticed that I am the jumpmaster, and I thought, what better place to land than Alysium? It has good loot there!

Timeskip 5 minutes

I am armed with a golden Havoc and a Triple Take. Currently, I have 9 kills, and half the squads are gone...

Narrator POV

(Y/N) and their squadmates were suddenly ambushed by an enemy squad when looting deathboxes. The friendly squadmates were unfortunately killed before (Y/N) could stop them. Luckily, (Y/N) survived, but the fight was dragged on so long that the ring was small, and they were hiding in a building.

"Darnit! No respawn beacons!" (Y/N) whispered to themself. They would have to be solo.

Then, (Y/N) heard running outside the building. They armed themself with the Havoc again, afraid of who the mysterious enemy was.

But both of the players had no time to fight, because the ring was closing in. As both of them got inside, (Y/N) recognized the mysterious legend.

Mirage.

Mirage also noticed (Y/N), and he pulled out his trusty Wingman. He was aiming down the sights, but didn't fire just yet.

"(Y-Y/N)...I wish it didn't have to be like this..." He sighed.

(Y/N) didn't want to fight their boyfriend. They tried to at least pretend kill him, but it was all for nothing.

"I-I can't..."

Elliott was shocked. He was thinking the exact same thought. "Me neither, (Y/N). I don't wanna do this!"

Then (Y/N) had an idea. "You don't have to, babe..." They assured Mirage.

(Y/N) stepped inside the ring.

As they were slowly dying, Mirage panicked, and did the same, hoping he would die first, but it didn't work.

"We have our Apex Champion." Said the voice of the Announcer.

Mirage started to tear up. Who wouldn't when the person he was in love with died, and he couldn't prevent it?

Elliott didn't care about the win. He just wanted (Y/N).

Timeskip 10 minutes

At the dropship, Elliott was in a corner, sulking about what happened.

Then (Y/N) walked over. "Hey, Elliott. It's okay..." They comforted the trickster.

Elliott grinned. "Thanks babe..."

(Y/N) nodded after being thanked, but then commented, "I don't think the other legends were very happy about what happened. They seem pretty ticked off."

And they would know. Their team, consisting of Lifeline and Crypto, yelled at (Y/N) for the easily preventable loss.

Mirage thought for a few minutes. "I-I have an idea! How about, we kill each other in like a competitive way? A competition to see who kills each other the most! And the winner gets free drink at my bar!" Elliott offered.

(Y/N) smirked... "I'm up for the challenge..."