Perfectly Mischievous

Start from the beginning

“Well, perhaps it is too complex for some of them to understand.”

Some.” Your friend quirked an eyebrow to emphasize your words.

“Yes, some. Because I truly believe that there are men out there who adore such beauties. I think intelligent men are more likely to do so.”

“Hm. I think you're quite right. Let us hope we come across intelligent men tonight, or I'll lose my mind.” Georgiana chuckled and directed the both of you into the main ballroom. Your eyes and mouth visibly widened in shock. It was beautiful. It looked so magnificent. The room was large and the walls were decorated with gold accents and Renaissance paintings.

The music ended triumphantly, the dancers followed it by clapping loudly and bowing to their partners. A moment of chatter began before the band played another waltz, some dancers remained while some left to go get drinks.

“The things I'd do to marry a rich man.” said your friend, looking at the scene dreamily.

“You're already rich, Georgiana.” you replied.

“Not like this,” she said and grabbed your hand once more. “Come, I must introduce you to the brothers.”

“The ones who own this estate?”

“Precisely.”

Oh God.

It was terribly convenient that the two brothers in question were standing together, although not caught up in conversation but rather watching all the couples on the dancefloor. Thor bore a happy and pleased smile on his tanned face while Loki stood with an entirely indifferent look to him.

Georgiana walked up to them politely, with you just watching from behind. You saw Thor oblige and so your friend grabbed your arm so that you stood beside her. She told them your name and where you hail from. You curtsied with a shy and intimidated look on your face.

“Good evening Sirs.” you greeted.

“Good evening, madam,” Thor replied, he was taller than Loki, so much blonder too. “How are you liking it so far? Have you had the chance to dance yet?”

“Your mansion is gorgeous. You should be proud for inheriting such an estate, Sirs,” you told them eagerly. “Although I haven't the chance to be on the dance floor yet, I have just arrived and no gentleman has asked me yet.”

“That is unbelievable. Wouldn't you think so, Loki?”

“Hm? Quite.” Loki replied blankly, distracted by his own drink. He hasn't looked at you since Georgiana has introduced you.

“Have you had the chance to dance yet, Miss Georgiana?” Thor asked your companion.

“No, not yet. I was caught up in conversation all night long and it seemed I made no one curious enough to pull me away to the dance floor.” Georgiana replied.

“Then we all shall dance together!” Thor declared happily. “I shall dance with Miss Georgiana first, and Loki shall dance with you first, then we switch? How does that sound?”

“Good. Very good.” You nodded.

“Why don't we get ourselves a drink while we wait for the next dance?” Georgiana asked you.

“Sure.” you answered and you let her whisk you away towards the tall pyramid of champagne glasses.

Thor looked to his younger brother pleasantly, still a smile plastered on his face. Loki ignored him and drank the last sip of his beverage.