I Guess We're A Good Team After All

Tony entered the main living room of the Avengers Tower and found you angrily pressing the tv remote buttond when it won't let you change the channels. Your anger got the best of you and so you smashed it into the concrete floor.

You sighed in regret afterwards and buried your head into your hands.

“You alright there, buddy?” Tony asked and approached you.

“No,” you answered defeatedly. “I broke the remote.”

“It's okay. No harm done. Anything else bothering you? Why'd you went all Bruce Banner in the living room?” He asked slowly sitting down beside you.

“I'm just annoyed that Fury would assign me on a mission with Loki. How am I supposed to do a task if I can't trust my partner to have my back?” you replied exasperatedly.

Tony patted your back sympathetically. He really couldn't do anything to save your ass from this because he knows what Fury is doing and that is to test Loki if he can be an asset or liability for SHIELD. That's why the director chose you as his partner because he knows you take no bullshit or bribes. He trusts you to continue the job if anything goes sideways.

“I really can't do anything about this, bud.”

“Yeah, I know.” you replied sadly.

“All I can give you is good luck, and maybe even some snacks to sneak in the jet before you leave. But that's it.”

You snorted softly. “Thanks, Tony,” you said before your watch dinged, meaning it was 10 minutes before the official briefing. “Alright, I have to go and attend a briefing. Bye, Stark. Thanks again.” You walked away and exited the living room only to bump into Loki in the same hallway, because of course he had to attend the briefing too.

Because he was your partner.

Fun.

Your fists immediately coiled into a tight fist at the sight of him. Your lips only followed into a tight line, your eyes staring directly forward. You dreaded the moment the Trickster God decided to open his mouth.

“Well, well. Nice to see you too, partner.” Loki said cheekily, already enjoying your angry attitude towards him.

You said nothing in reply. You heard him but ignored his words.

“No greetings? Did your parents not teach you manners?,” he scoffed. “Mortals.”

You said nothing again in reply but when Loki was about to speak again you cut him off.

“If you speak again I will personally rip your tongue out of your mouth.” you threatened him with a hand on his chest to stop him from walking infront of you.

“I doubt you'd have the strength to do so, mortal.” he countered, belittling your form. His eyes went from teasing to dark in a matter of seconds.

“Don't think so highly of yourself, Odin's son.”

You squinted at him angrily before backing up and continuing your walk to the briefing room, this time in complete silence.

The door automatically opened when the two of you arrived. You sat as far away from Loki as possible, right next to Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter, your friend and gave her a slight nod as a greeting.

Loki sat near the back and leaned into his chair, clearly done with anything and everything that has to do with SHIELD.

Agent Sitwell was already standing infront of the projector screen, greeting everyone a good afternoon and immediately began the briefing presentation once everybody quieted down.