Riley's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. It was Lucas' birthday today! I texted him "happy birthday, best friend🎉!!! You've been there for me since you moved here! You're amazing and funny and a good distraction, if you know what I mean😉. Lylab (love you like a brother)!!" While getting dressed, I waited for a reply from Lucas. Of course, I loved him more than a brother but can I say that?
-////////-
Random a/n*
Okay I can't help but share my thoughts, I'm listening to fake tales of San Francisco and it's amazing anyone else an am, fob, or ed sheeran fan? Comment your fav singers/bands😀
----////-
I threw on a yellow crop top with the word "smile" scrawled across it. I put on some black high waisted shorts to match it. You know, black and yellow😉.

"hurry up mom, we're gonna be late!!" I yelled as I headed out the door to go to Lucas'.

Auggie tagged along to the subway and I smiled. I hopped on with mom and dad trailing me. Mom was carrying some cosmic brownies, homemade!! I helped!!

When we arrived at Lucas', Mrs. Friar answered the door. "Shhh," she whispered to Auggie and I. Meanwhile, she introduced herself to mom and dad and thanked them for the brownies. I got Lucas a phone case, customized of course.

Maya was already there sitting on one of the folding chairs by the kitchen table. We took a big folding table from inside the closet and set it up. I saw maya inch out of the room to make sure Lucas didn't get out of bed yet.

-////--
I'm working on Maya's pov rn, and trust me, it gets a little juicier >:)