Riley's POV

Omg thank you so much (I start my authors notes so many times like this lol) for 5.4k reads and 300 votes! And 60 comments! Wow! ily! Shoutout to Lillyalvarado Angel39457 and AngelWilliams0 for being so supportive, voting for every chapter, and commenting positive stuff to keep me motivated. thanks ro them, I'm updating today. I wouldn't have tho. I dedicated last chapter to the angel's but they didn't get properly tagged so I'm sorry abt that!♥️
----/-------
I fled away home as fast as I could when I heard the horrible news that Maya chose Lucas. I was so hurt. I understood, but I was hurt.

And ok, I'll admit, maybe a little jealous.

I said a little, don't freak peoples.

I had to get back at Maya somehow! Wait, no I didn't. This wasn't about revenge. It was about friendship. It was a friendship test.

Would she choose a boy or her best friend?

I guess we all know the answer.

It was 7:25 p.m. and Corey called me at 7:12 to tell me to hurry on home.

We were having tacos because, duh, Taco Tuesday. Normally, Maya would join but I guess not today.

I was shuffling my feet, depressedly, (idek if that's a word) and my head was down, so no one could see the tears that were beginning to collect in my eyes.

And, like always when I'm not paying attention, I tripped over someone's shoe.

"I'm so sorry! Did I scuff your shoe?" I asked, worried they weren't a Overprotective Shoe Owner (trust me, I know a lot.) They'd probably make me pay $362 dollars to replace their shoes. I don't even have $100 so, you could see why I cared.

"No, it's okay," the familiar squeaky-ish voice said. He looked up, his ginger hair flopping over his one eye.

Farkle? Again?

Is he like, stalking me?

"What are you doing here, Farkle?!" I whisper-yelled, annoyed he'd bumped into me for the second time that day.

"Just coming home to give my parents some milk. We ran out," He nodded, a sickly sweet grin plastered on his face.

"Mhm. And what do you want from me, exactly?" I spat, still annoyed.

"Nothing. We're here anyway, so how did it go with Maya? Did she choose you, like you thought?" Farkle stuck his nose in my business.

I wanted to be nice, but how could I?

"No!" I snapped, turning away.

"Oo, touchy!" He tsked with his mouth .

"Of course I'm touchy! Wouldn't you be?" I scowled at the boy. I started speed walking back home but he caught up with me.

"Hey, I was just joking. I'm here for you," he said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked deep into his eyes an realized he really was going to always be there for me.

"Hey farkle, can I ask you something?" I started.

"Yes..." He trailed off, seeming anticipated.

"Will you go out with me?"