Riley's POV

Okay I may or may not update Riley and Maya's pov one after another (of course I have to write Maya's tho) but for now just riley. enjoy my friends! btw, thanks for 4.57k reads♥️〰
-----/----
I strolled along the streets as fast as I could, gliding toward Lucas's house. I had his address in the back of my head so I had to keep repeating it in order not to forget it.

Finally, I made it there. I was panting hard from the 6 blocks I had to walk from home.

No subway. That's right.

Corey didn't want me to take it "this late" (meaning 6:05 p.m.) alone.

He didn't know Farkle was going to stop me either, from going straight to Maya's.

Because he loved Farkle. And expected him to be the best.

But anyway, back to reality.

Lucas yelled, "mom, someone's at the door!"

I heard his mom yell back, "you could get it, sweetie!"

Lucas rolled his eyes, as I could see through the window, and he was with someone, after all.

Maya.

She looked like a deer in headlights as she stared at me.

"Um? Riley? W-what are you doing here?" She stuttered.

Lucas whispered, "step back. I'll take care of this."

Maya stepped back, dazed.

"Lucas, how long was Maya here?" I questioned like a reporter.

"Uh, maybe 30 minutes?" He estimated.

"Can I talk to Maya, maybe alone?" I asked.

"Not alone. But okay," Lucas opened the door wider so I could enter.

I took a look around. I've only seen his upstairs for a second when we had the party for his birthday. Now I could really see it. It was actually beautiful.

"Your house is pretty," I said in awe.

"Thanks," he smiled, letting out a chuckle.

I walked downstairs to the basement after a quick glance around and Maya gestured to a corner where we could talk peacefully, but with supervision.

"What do you need?" She curiously inquired.

I don't know if that was intended as rude but I'll go with friendly. "So, I talked to Farkle..."

A look of worry crossed Maya's face. "Uh.. go on. What'd he say?"

"Oh something about Lucas and me and choosing and stuff," I causally replied, knowing she'd crack.

Lucas looked over, seeing how uncomfortable Maya looked.

"Everything okay?"

"Fine!" We answered in unison.

The last thing we needed was for him to find out.

"Um, about that..." She guiltily said.

"You did choose me, right?" I smiled, crossing my arms over my chest, knowing the answer was 'yes.'

"Maybe?" She gave me lopsided smile, a kind of "forgive me" type.

I don't understand.

"Maybe meaning yes?" I went in for a hug, but Maya stopped me.

"Look, I'm sorry, I chose Lucas. But if you could just let me explain!!" Maya quickly replied, sadness washing over her face. I could tell she was upset about the choice but why would she choose him? That hurt, she knows that, right?

"Don't. I understand," I turned around.

"What's this about?" Lucas rushed in, worried.

"Nothing," Maya took care of his question.

"Is it about me?" He said.

"Just, don't worry, we'll take care of it," Maya whispered, pushing him away.

"Are you okay, Riles?" Maya tried to make amends with me.

"I knew you'd choose him," I lied.

"No, please let me explain," she pleaded.

I finally turned around. With a small smile, I said, "Seriously, Maya, it's ok. I hope we can work this out soon." And I walked away.