Maya's POV

a/n**
soo, I'm sorry that most of my point of views are very short but it's because I don't have a lot of ideas. I also accidentally published the story so I'm very sorry about that. also thank you so much for 400  reads can I get 600 by the end of the week? That's my challenge for you guys. When I get 1000 reads I'll post a selfie I don't do duck faces by the way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am still walking along the streets at 3:30 AM and my mom is, of course, working a late shift at Nighthawk diner. This didn't surprise me, but I really wanted to head over to Riley's. I mean, can you blame me? I'm so used to her house. Tomorrow is Lucas's birthday and we were planning on doing a surprise birthday party for him. Mrs. Matthews volunteered to help us and so did Auggie, on account of him liking Lucas.

We're planning to do it at Lucas's house, of course, and his mom is going to bake him a cake and it has blue icing and is an ice cream cake that says "Happy Birthday Ranger Rick!" We find it cute his mom approves of my name for him.

As I walk along the street, lost in my own thoughts, I bump into someone. Keeping my head down, I mumble "sorry" as he says the same word. I keep on walking but before I can get a foot away, the boy grabs my arm and spins me around.

"Maya, what are you doing out this late?"

"I guess I could ask the same about you, Mr. Friar," I cleverly reply.

"I'm out getting a gift for my mom tomorrow, your turn," He said.

"Woah, wait! Tomorrow is your birthday! Your mom should be getting you the gift!!" I insist.

"Yea but sometimes she gets a little emotional so she needs her tissues and we ran out. Now, why are you here, Ms. Hart?" He chuckled.

"Oh, emotions, emotions. Speaking of emotions, I'm outside because of emotions!" I repeated.

His hand grazed my cheek and for a second I thought he liked me. But, pftt, why would Lucas like me? He probably likes Riley. There are a lot of Rucas moments that she tells me about, after all.

But, apparently I was wrong.

a/n*
a little emoji separator up there aha. cliffhanger huahaha. sorry this is short pov. I just wanted to give you an idea. two a/n's in one pov ooo. I have a health test tmrw kms. keep leaving criticism, requests, thoughts down below. ily