Lucas' POV

Okay not a lot of comments for a Lucas pov but ig 3 people are enough. Thanks so much for 100 reads in one night what? This was updated at like 8 pm now it's like 10 am thanks you!! In total, thanks for 9.7k reads. I'm literally so close to 10k. When I get to 10k, what do you guys want me to do as a prize? Comment!❤️
---/:///--//-/-//-
The first thing I see when I look out the window, about to go to bed, is Maya running toward my house.

Man, it's either Riley or Maya.

Usually every day before I go to bed, I turn the porch lights on and look out the windows, just looking out at the beautiful, silent night. I don't even know exactly why or what I'm glancing at, it's just a weird habit.

Anyway, by the time I've unlocked the door, Maya's at the porch. She looks tired. Like, really tired.

"Maya?" I yawn, pulling her by the wrist inside my house. It's now 9:26 pm. My mom is sound asleep, it was a chore day today. Dad is, like always, gone.

She looks, like I said, tired. But not only tired. She looks like a wreck. Sort of mad, sort of upset, and, a feeling I've never seen her be. Jealous.

"Did you know-" She stopped for a breath.

I motioned for her to go on.

"That-" she took another deep breath. "Farkle and Riley are going out."

Fuck.

"What the hell?"

"I know! They just started going out today!" She looked incredulous.

"Are you...jealous?" I whispered.

She looked like a deer in headlights. "Why would I be when I have you?"

"Ask yourself that," I said quietly, and turned away to get a drink.

"Lucas, stop overreacting! I'm not jealous!" Maya protested.

"Are you or are you not, Maya?" I whisper-yelled, for the sake of my mom of course.

"Do you hear what I'm saying? No!" Maya yelled, actually. No whisper.

"My moms asleep! Shut up!" I hissed.

I walked quickly toward the kitchen. This can't be happening.

1) Maya's jealous!
2) Farkle said he would only go out with Riley if Maya was taken. Which she is. And he said that if he did go out with Riley, when Maya was taken, it would be because he was jealous of Maya's boyfriend. And, being his cocky self, he said she would be jealous too.

But she really is jealous. Which may not he a problem for him, but it's a problem for Maya, Riley, and I.

Maya will probably try to get with Farkle, but we're together. So that would ruin us. If they got together, Riley would find out, just like she found out about us, and that'll ruin them even more.

Hold on, Lucas. Slow down. You're overthinking things. Believe in Maya.

She's not jealous.

She won't hook up with Farkle.

Everything will be fine, Lucas. Just chill.

Or will it?