Mayas POV

a/n
the last chapter sucks but I think this mayyyy make up for it;) at least i'll try I have a weird story separator
---///-

I kinda feel bad for Riley. I mean, what happened to our friendship? And where was she going?

"Hey, Lucas, I gotta go. See you later," I awkwardly gave him a side hug and ran out.

I followed Riley but tried not to make it obvious. I stood feet behind her following her every step. When she boarded the subway, I followed her closely right before the warning to step away front the doors came on and grabbed the seat behind Riley. she sat in one of those seats where there's a seat and then the other one's back is against it. I took the opposing seat. putting my hoodie up, I listened closely to Rileys conversation with Auggie.

"Hey, Riley? are we going home? I'm tired. it's only this much o'clock." he made a 9, a 0 and 4 with his fingers, indicating the time was 9:04 am. the sub boarded at 9. the stop at Riley's was the 4th. so far, we made the first stop only.

"Yes , we're going home. you probably should get some shut eye as well as i," she answered.

"Ok rilesy tilesy!!" He enthusiastically replied.

Riley laughed. "You have the weirdest names for me."

"I know!" Auggie proudly said.

Suddenly, Riley said something surprising. She turned around in her seat and asked, "hey, do you happen to have a pack of hand sanitizer? I touched the germy railing."

What a clean freak, I mentally laughed. But without turning around, i replied. "No, ma'am, sorry ma'am."

"Hey, do.I know you? your voice is familiar." she said.

"Um, I believe not, ma'am," I denied.

"How do you even know? you haven't seen me yet," she declared.

"Your voice, ma'am," I quickly replied. I suddenly had the urge to get off of the 2nd stop, which we had now hit.

"I'm sorry to bother you," Riley finally gave up and turned around.

For the rest of the ride, I stared out the window. the darkness matched my soul. nah, I'm just jokin. but the darkness helped me concentrate on my thoughts.

by the time my thoughts were collected and i had calmed down from whatever overwhelming feeling I've had in the past week, we'd have reached riley's stop.

"Oh, you're coming off at the same stop as me?" Riley started off again. Man, would she ever leave me alone?

"Yes, if you'll excuse me," I tried to squeeze past so it wouldn't seem as if I was stalking her.

She walked out the same door I walked out of and by the time she was about 6 feet away I started following her again, keeping about a 3 foot distance.

When she reached her apartment door, she used the key to unlock it. Wow, so she was plainly heading home. Good for her. I followed her for nothing. I tried to hide behind a plant by the door but failed when she turned around to get the key out of the knob.

"Maya? What are you doing here?" by the time this had happened, Riley'd put Auggie down and he'd run to his room.

"Um, nothing?" I squeaked.

then she noticed my hood. she narrowed her eyes. "you were the lady on the bus. were you following me? why were you following me? you know, I could call the cops if I wanted to."

"If you wanted to. but you won't," I pointed out.

"I won't," she shrugged. "but I could."

"Why are you acting like this?" I inquired.

"Like what?" she said cluelessly. by this time, we were sitting on the window ledge thing.

"Like...this! you know what I mean," I sighed.

"Because.." Riley holded it out as if it were obvious, "Lucas is mine. and obviously, he wants you, not me."

"So what? I can have some people who like me. it's bad enough my mom and dad don't. now you?" I sneered.

"I don't dislike you!" Riley said, as if offended. "I simply disdain the fact that Lucas likes you."

"so you're saying," I held this out. "that I'm ugly?"

"Pftt! no! of course not!" Riley shook her head quickly. "I'm saying, if you understood anything, that I like Lucas better, obviously, and you're just trying to steal him! so he likes the robber dude!"

"Whatever. I don't have time for your stupid excuses. if you want him, fine have him. I don't care." I stormed out of the room. and once I escaped the door, you won't believe who caught me in their arms.

--//-
a little longer than normal chapter. who do you think it is? I love you guys thanks for 1.4k reads :)))