Maya's POV

woah what the even heck?! thank you so so much for 2.14k reads omg ilyyy sfmm baes<3
----////----

Standing in the hallway, Farkle caught me in his arms.

"Maya, are you okay?" Farkle asked me. he seemed genuinely sympathetic.

"Its... Whatever. it's nothing," I attempted to keep walking but he grabbed me and spinned me around, a tight grip on my arm.

"What do you want from me, Farkle? Because I don't think now is the time for favors," I snapped.

"I want to help you, Maya," he calmly replied.

"For your information, I think I got myself a boyfriend. So, if you're gonna ask me out, the answer is no."

"Maya, just shut up. I'm not going to ask you out! What don't you understand from "I want to help"?" He grilled.

"fine. you got 5 minutes to "help" me."

"Why are you storming out of Riley's house? From what I heard, you guys' have never had a fight that lasted."

"She found me and Lucas kissing, thinking we made out. She's jealous," I crossed my arms.

"Hey now, this is what's getting you to fight. Are you sure she's jealous?" He advised.

"Yes I'm sure. I was afraid someone might ask this. so I taped the convo. Here," I handed him my phone and he clicked on the voice memos app. He listened to "R&M's Fight."

"What it seems is happening is that Riley likes Lucas more than you, but Lucas likes you more than Riley-"

"Well, obviously! I know that. what about it?"

"You didn't let me finish..." he groaned.

"Sorry child, go on," I sighed

"You have to choose between your friendship with Riley or your relationship with Lucas," Farkle put his hand on my shoulder and let out a sigh. "Sorry, kid. Make the right choice."

And with that, the person I needed most walked away.