Episode 38

(Y/n's pov)

We stepped into another room and she shut the door and I stepped into the giant master bedroom. With nice bedding and beauitful white curtains. A nice rug, I looked around the room and smiled softly.
"I told you." She said, I turned around and saw her smiling. "Your the empress now." She added and poured each other a glass of white wine. "I still can't believe it." I mumbled, taking the glass of wine in my hand and drinking it. "It's like it's not even real." I tell her and set down the empty glass and looked out the window, seeing the celebration of the people at the bottom.
"Your people are happy, you should feel proud of yourself." Helga tells me and wraps her arm around me. "You'll be a great leader." She complimented and stepped away. "I feel accomplished now..." I say softly. I could tell Helga was smiling but I couldn't see her. The moonlight was shining through the window. "I do as well." She says. "How so?" I asked her and turned around, feeling something plunge in my stomach. Red stained my white dress as i looked down and see the blood dripping down. I gasped and looked her in the eyes. Helga pushed me down with the dagger still in my side. She ripped it out, air leaves my body as I gasped for it. I coughed a bit. "W...why?!" I asked her and held my side with tears in my She argued. "Domination is the only way to maintain power. Fear will keep people tame and obediant. If I were to be successful in killing you and taking that throne for myself, the endo would be extinct. Which won't be very long now. I guess...what I'm trying to say is that, this empire was mine in the first place. The people will learn to only rely on me. If fear is the way to keep them at the palm of my hand, i will do what ever it takes to keep the people powerless."
Helga says and wiped the blood off the blade with a towel. "Since you were running for empress, I couldn't let you win. I had to get you to trust me in order to lead you back here." I stared at her through tears in my eyes, I could feel the blood gushing from my side as I'm feeling dizzy. My heart slowing down. "I've dreamed of this for a long time. From the moment you were queen of zemora I fucking hated you." She growled at me and put her foot on my chest. "I watched and laughed, one by one as your family dropped like flies." She continues, her heel digging in my chest as I coughed. "Your endo mother. Penni Douglas, she was weak. I offered her my hand once...She didn't take it. She'd rather retire then fulfill her destiny as a demwar. I always knew she was weak inside and out. Your just like her." Helga hissed with venom on her tongue. "No she wasn't! She was stronger then you'll ever be!" I argued, she stomped on my chest, I coughed up a storm. "Penni is nothing. Your mother died because of you. Your existence is meaningless. Everyone is going to die because of you." She continued to snap, I look at her and feel my cough come on again. "Now I get to see you perish. No one is going to help you now. You will die. I win." I growled at her, feeling the darkness consume my vision. The door busted open and I blacked out right after.

(Gryffin's pov)

When y/n left, I stuck by jene's side for the time being until she came back. Then awhile goes by and she hasn't come by yet, I feel my heart sink. My head is pounding and extreme chills, goosebumps. My nose begins to bleed. All at once this was happening. I stumbled back and held my head. I coughed a bit and felt pain in my chest. My heart kept feeling like it was sinking. The I heard a voice say:
"Y/n." I start running down the large hallways of the capitol. I'm running at full speed, hoping and praying y/n is okay but deep down I knew something was wrong. As I'm running, I could feel all types of emotions running through me, so many thoughts running in my mind like a marathon. My feet pick up the pace, faster and faster im running, tears start to form as I could feel her. The light guides me to her. The light made me feel connected with her. I could feel her dying. I ran faster until I got to the room i felt the strongest energies of light darkness inside. Darkness overpowering it. I busted through the door and see helga over y/n's body. Helga turned around and smirked at me. "Your too late gryffin. Should have gotten here fast enough." She laughed at me, I pulled my swords out one in each hand and looked her in the eyes. "You'll pay for this." I growled at her as we both begin circling each other. She pulled her own swords out and grinned evilly at me. Darkness was radiating strongly from her, I should have known.
"Why did You do this?!" I demanded the answer. "It's simple. Power. The darkness needs more power and what better way to keep the darkness here is to overthrow the light. What better way to keep the darkness here then to manipulate the minds of the people. They'll turn against you once I'm empress. When that's happened, the demwars will be in complete control and democracy will crumble. They'll only need to depend on us and only us." Helga grinned as she stared at me with those evil eyes of her. She pointed her sword at me as I point both of mine at her. "Zayla failed her mission in killing y/n. So I had to finish the job myself." Helga added and stepped closer, putting her sword down. "But you can change gryffin." She began and put her sword away. "You can join us. You can fulfill your path to darkness like your father couldn't." She said, my anger was boiling over me. "What are you talking about?" I asked her angrily and she hummed. "You never knew your father. Do you know why your mother didn't want to keep contact with you?" She asked me and I shake my head. "She left that city. She moved and moved until we found her. Your father looked for you for years. He needed his son back. But your selfish mother kept you from him." Helga stated. "She was never selfish. She did what she needed to do." I growled at her. "You think your following the light but your not. The darkness is there, search for it and you will unlock things your never knew were there." Me and her stared at each other. I growled at her and rushed at her, attacking her but she blocked every single one of my attacks. In anger continued to push forward with my swords attacking her all at once, hoping to overwhelm her enough to tire her out but that didn't seem to be the case at all.
Our swords clashed together as our strength was equal enough our swords were scratching against each other. "Join us gryffin! Your strengh would be of good use!" She yells, I pushed her making her stumble but she didn't fall. I jumped up and kicked her in the face and landed on my feet seeing her stumble. She ran at me and clashed her swords with me and spun on her heel trying to slice me with both her sword but I blocked the attack. I slid under her and tried to stab her in the back but shebwas quicker and spun around, attacking me with both the swords.
This when on for awhile. I was scratched up, bloody, and bruised and so was she but she wasn't backing down. I couldn't even tell if she was tired or not. I was exhausted. She saw my exhaustion and kicked me down to the ground. "Your father tried to betray us, he died before he got the chance." She said and kicked my stomach as I fell to the floor. "Your just as pathetic as your father." She snapped and spat on me. I weakly tried getting up but failed. Helga ran out the room, screams came from the main hall. I crawled to y/n, her eyes weakly opened as she coughed. I held her in my arms, teary eyed and  caressing her cheek.
"I'm sorry..." I whispered, choking out a soft sob. She reached her hand to my face and cupped my cheek and smiled weakly. "You...did...did What you...could..." She weakly said and looked deeply into my eyes. "I...I love you...so much." I whispered and held her hand tightly as tears drip down my face. Her smile was contagious, she made me smile a bit and she gasped softly. "There's...that smile..I've been waiting f...for..." I leaned down and finally kissed her on the lips and she kissed me back before going limp in my arms. I held her close and tightly to me and I cried. I felt weak. I lost the woman I loved. I waited a month to see her only to have her laying in my arms dead. The door busted open and jene looked at me, dirty and bloody. She saw y/n's body and she teared up staring at me. "We need to go...NOW!" I picked y/n up and ran out with jene and we pushed our way out the capitol and once we were out, we grabbed horses and left as quick as we could, y/n was still in my arms. The December snow was now settling in, we ran all the way out and away from the capitol. Once we were finally away we took a break and I laid her body down. Jene looked at y/n's body and screamed cried.
"NOOO!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, her scream echoed through the sky as she sobbe over y/n's body. Gripping it and holding her tightly. "MY NIECE!" She sobbed, making me start to cry too. I tried wiping my tears away but they just wouldn't stop. "MY LITTLE GIRL!" I held my head and gripped my hair in my hands as I cried. A while passed, we both calmed down. We started back up again, soon we were back at the temple. Me and jene took y/n's body, and burned her over a fire. The endo watched us as we did this with sadness. The smoke rises in the air, her body turned to ashes we collected in an ern. Once her body completely burned, me and jene went on our own and spread her ashes in the lake. Once all her ashes were sprinkled, me and jene linked arms and left back to the temple. Winter was coming.
What ever else was happening right now...The demwar are an extreme threat.
Our lives are in danger now...