Episode 37

(Y/n's pov)

Later that night, gryffin had escorted me back home and we stared at each other for a moment.
"Well...this is it." I say to him and looked at him with tears starting to work up. "Yeah...I guess so." He adds and looked at his feet for a moment. Silence overtook the room.
"What do we do now?" I asked him and he hummed for a moment. He takes my hand and leads me out to the garden. "We spend this last night together like theres no tomarrow." Gryffin softly said. He wrapped his arms around my waist and i wrapped my arms around his neck, our bodies swayed together. We danced together smoothly, the full moon shines perfectly on us as we danced in the grass. Staring into each other's eyes, I smiled. We spent this last night together just by dancing like we did. It was perfect for me. Next month my term is ending and a new era begins. Though me and him aren't going to see each other again, it was now or never we get to spend this moment together. My heart never raced this fast. I longed for him. I needed him but he didn't need me as much at all. It hurt me a little to know that deep down he didn't need me like I needed him. I'm going to miss seeing him everyday, miss spending these special moments together. Though everything must come to an end. Every flower dies and another grows. Gryffin just stared down at me. I just wanted to see him smile once. I didn't want this night to end without me seeing that smile of his, one I've waited for. But that would be asking for too much, considering his practices must be respected.
I hugged him, causing us to stop dancing. Gryffin hugged me back tightly as well, his face burried in my hair while my faces burries in his chest. "I'm going to miss you." I say simply and he sighed. "I'm gonna miss you too." He mumbled and pulled away from me.
"Yoohoo!" A distant call comes from the castle. We see the shadow of feya standing there smile and waving. "Jene douglas is here!" Me and gryffin stared at each other. I had the urge to just kiss him then and there. I took the chance. I kissed him on the cheek quickly. Gryffin was shocked but I just walked away quickly and walked in the castle, him not trailing far behind. Seeing jene at the front door waiting for us. Jene took notice of our precense and smiled at me and gryffin. "Are you ready?" She asked him which he nodded and walked to her, standing beside her.
She looked at me and continued to smile. "Thank you for your service sir azalar. How may I ever repay you?" I asked him and he just shook his head. "Keeping you safe if payment enough." Gryffin said, winking at me. I blushed softly and looked at jene and she bowed. "It was of great honor we served you, miss douglas." Jene said, referring to me as a douglas. A smile etched on my face. Excitedly, I was accepted as a douglas with my mother's last name.
"But now we take our leave. May the light guide you to a path of righteousness and success." With that, jene and gryffin leave the castle, going to the carriage they arrived in. Gryffin took one last look at me and bowed. I smiled, bowing to him and he left to the carriage. The horses left. Feya put her hand on my shoulder.
"To new beginnings." She said and handed me a glass of white wine. I take it gently with a chuckle and clank my glass with hers.
"To new beginnings..."

A MONTH later
Election night.

Ballots counted. Me and helga were each other the last candidates that stand against each other. Of course respectfully, we stand on either side of the room.
We were at the capitol with thousands of people outside waiting to hear results. I assumed jene was out there. She came in before hand and wished me good luck. The council was counting them thoroughly. Ryoo sits at his throne with his eyes closed. The giant clock ticks by, ready to ring for midnight. I was sitting down, panicking. Though ryoo had told me for the past months I would win my place, helga was a good candidate and she would probably take the lead. At this point no one knew anymore. I had no one of comfort, I Stand at my side of the room, staring out the window and seeing the thousands of people standing outside as they filled the streets of the capitol. The mumbling of the crowd was loud enough for me to hear. Helga comes up behind me. "All those people. One of us will rule for." She says and looked at me. "Why are you nervous?" She asked me, feeling the nerves radiating from me, she rubbed her hands on my shoulders giving me a little message. "I might lose what I worked so hard for..." I say and she awes and puts her head on my shoulder. "Don't worry about that. Your going to win." I stare at her confusedly. "Why would you want me to win? Your running against me." She scoffed as i say this. "The people love you. Me, well I mine as well become a senator for the capitol." She says with a soft laugh and continued to rub my shoulders. "You'll do great sweetheart." She reassured. "Empress y/n. Has a nice ring to it." Helga said and smiled one last time at me. Before returning to her side of the room. Another hour ticks by, the people are still patiently waiting as the ballots are being counted. I sat there tiredly, ryoo sits on his throne with his crown on his head, the old man stares at me with a reassuring nod. The council was in the other room continuing to count ballots, I stare out the window and sigh. I fear this day will be the day I lose. Maybe I wasn't as great as i thought I could have been. Maybe the people don't need me as much as they said they did. This whole month was pure agony, speaking to my supporters who continued to say they loved and supported my movement. A whole month without seeing gryffin. My heart still longs for that man. This month was depressing as a whole without him. Tonight i was even more stressed then i thought i would be. My heart was feeling torn apart, love and work. My hands shake as I fumbled with my fingers with anxiousness. Another hour passes by, waiting, waiting, waiting. The people become more impatient. The streets were still filled with people as they demanded their ballots be counted faster.
Then the doors busted open with a letter in a woman's hand. The woman was named fridget and she gave the note to ryoo. "This note holds the final answer to this election." She says. Helga comes to me. Ryoo nodded and walked out to the balcony, the people then stare up and erupted in cheers as they see us up here. Helga takes my hand and looked at me and smiled. "Don't be nervous." She whispered and both of us stand behind ryoo as he then opens the letter. Looking down upon the people as they now hush each other.
"OUR NEW EMPRESS OF THE EMPIRE IS WISE, KIND, AND IS PURE WITH LOVE AND PASSION!" He stated. I held helga's hand tightly with hope.
"SHE TAKES GREAT PRIDE AND JOY TO HER WORK! SHE LIKES TO WORK WITH PEOPLE EVEN IF ITS OUT OF HER COMFORT!" Ryoo says.
"SHE WILL TAKE THIS EMPIRE AND SHAPE IT TO WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE PEOPLE WOULD WANT."
My hand was sweating, we were holding our hands so tight. I bowed my head with tears welling up, my eyes closed tightly shut.
"OUR NEW EMPRESS ELECTED IS..."
Silence...
The people didn't make a peep.
No found. It was as dead as a mouse.
Time stopped. I looked up, the gigantic clock that stands high in the center of the capitol strikes, bells ringing right on time.
"Y/N L/N!" Screams of the cheering crowd erupts with happiness. My feet grew weak, a sight of relief. I let go of helga's hand and wrap my arms around ryoo happily. He hugged me back and stroked my hair.
"Congratulations." He whispered and pulled away. He takes his crown off his head. I faced the people, ryoo stands behind me and places it upon my head gently. The crowd continued to cheer and clap happily.
They chant...
"Speech!"
"Speech!"
"Speech!"
I take a deep breath and step up over to the railing of the balcony causing people to quiet down.
"THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME AS YOUR NEW EMPRESS! I WILL RULE THIS EMPIRE WITH AN IRON FIST AND WILL RULE ON YOUR BEST INTERESTS!" I say, causing them to cheer a bit before silencing themselves. "I WILL RULE IN FAVOR OF OUR DEMOCRACY AND LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE! YOUR VOICES ARE HEARD! I WILL ALWAYS PROTECT YOU! AND I WILL ALWAYS STAY RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE EVEN IN THE DARKEST OF TIMES! THANK YOU AGAIN AND MAY GRACE BLESS US OUR NEW BORN AGAIN EMPIRE!"
The crown erupted in claps and cheers, they're voices echoed through the skies. I was escorted back inside and I see jene and gryffin step inside. Jene smiled at me, I ran up to her and hugged her tightly close to me.
"Told you we'd be here." She said and held me close. "Congratulations." She said softly and I smiled. "Thank you..." I say, pulling away and pulling gryffin in a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, never wanting to let go from his iron grip on me, I could still feel the protective hold like ove always felt. This hug I've waited for a month for, I wanted to break down but I had to stay strong. We both pulled away and the capitol palace was now breaking into celebration, drinking white wine with each other and celebrating my victory. I spent this night along with gryffin, catching up with him after a month and just wanting to be near him. "Thank you for coming." I say appreciatively. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." Gryffin says sweetly, making my heart skip a beat. "If there was any chance I could see you, I'd always take it." I smiled and hugged him once again and he hugged back twice as tight. I felt a light kiss on my head and we both looked at each other. I cupped his cheek with my hand, until we were both interrupted by helga.
"Empress Y/n, may I speak with you?" She asks, looking at gryffin and back at me and smilimg gently. I nodded and stand up, looking at gryffin. "Ill see you later." Gryffin nodded ikn agreement and I left to follow helga.
Not knowing what was going to happen...