Episode 10

(Y/n's pov)

"Glad of you all to join me. As you all may know in your invitations that there is a tyrant." Emperor ryoo stated. "I'm sorry to interupt. But wouldn't holding this meeting be dangerous if there is a mole hiding about?" I asked him with uncertainty. He looked at me. "its the process of the investigation m'lady." Was his only explanation as he continued on with his little speech. "There is either a tyrant in the room or someone sent an assassin for no reason. It's obvious that assassination attempt was no coincidence." He says. The heirs looked at him, none looked suspicious but that could just be a mask.
I still didn't believe this was a good idea considering I'm in the same room as someone who could kill me any second. I have the best assassin by my side so it's possible that they're just hiding in the shadows. "It was the day that I've spoken to lady y/n about being nominated in the empire's election. It's most certainly not a coincidence that somebody did not like that. Most likely an heir to a throne had sent an assassin to zemora." Mumbles were distributed around the room, the kings had furrowed their eyebrows. Many of the queens were confused as to why it happened, the kings seemed mostly frusterated then anything.
"It's unacceptable that an heir had went out of their way to execute a good candidate." King George, heir of the East kingdom named palo. I smiled at him for those kind words, only to earn a respectful nod from him and a jealous look from his wife. "Exactly, that is why the endo have taken it upon themselves to protect the queen at all costs. Heirs, meet gryffin azalar." Emperor ryoo says as he gestures to my protector who then raised his hand. "It's good to hear, those peacekeepers do their job well without asking for coin." The queen who's name is helga, of randal which is in the West side says highly in the endo. "You've made a good choice in protectors." Helga spoke to me with a sweet smile. I nodded at her and turn towards the emperor who had more to say on the matter. "With all being said we will be starting the investigation and will be following the list of that makes a tyrant."

-Closed off kingdom
-Dominating an certain area
-Fearful citizens
-Militarized area
-Wishes/sends death wishes to other heirs
-Threatens the lives of other heirs or capital officials
-Sends unlawful killing to an heir
- Gives domination ideas
-Controls the people
-Rights have been taken from the people
-The ability to leave has been taken from the people

"If one person fits at least three in this list, you will be investigated further and you will be dethroned and sentenced to life behind bars." Emperor ryoo stated with a stern tone in his voice. "Would the mole like to speak now? The longer you stay quiet, your punishment will become worse." The room stays quiet with many heirs looking around the room for suspicious activity or shocked expressions but nothing. Who ever this mole was they were very skillful in their manipulative tactics. "I guess not. Then your sentence shall become worse the longer this investigation goes. Y/n, I suggest for you to stay in zemora until this investigation has halted or we've called you back here." The Emperor suggests to me which I nodded in understanding, looking around the table to check if theres any suspicious activity.
"If I may, y/n, would you like extra troops to patrol zemora?" A darker skinned queen named zayla asks as she tilted her head. She ruled a kingdom west named meridia of here near some of where most of them are built near each other. She ruled herself, being an independant woman I very much looked up to her when ruling zemora. I was shocked at such an offer which wasn't very common around, distributing troops to other kingdoms other then in war times or in desperate times. "I will very much appreciate the kind gesture. I will let my court know of such a kind offer." Zayla smiled when I said this and nodded her head. "Let me know what they think. Write to me." I nodded my head and ryoo smirks around the table but it falls. "I'm proud of such alliances but we mustn't forget there is a tyrant amongst us. Now, if this situation is to have gone beyond the investigation we shall involve the endo. This meeting is dismissed." Everyone stands from their seats and are moving towards the door. Zayla stopped me before I had left. "How are you doing, love?" She asked, an accent slipping from her tongue as she speaks. "Well I'm nervous. Fearful of my life." I say, mg voice shaking as these words leave me in a fearful distraught. She puts her hands on my shoulders reassuringly. "Do not worry, that male over there," she points to the assassin that's not too far behind me. "He will protect you with his life. I know it." She says with a smile, making me feel more comfortable about all of this. Even if this is a situation to be fearful of, I knew my life was on good hands. "Trust him."
"M'lady? Are we ready?" Gryffin asks from behind me and I looked to him and nodded. "Yes." Zayla smirked at me and let me and gryffin passed the door to our carriage. I watched as all the heirs leave the capital. As I'm walking to my carriage I'm stopped by another person.
"M'lady, it's been awhile since we've spoken." I turned to see who the voice was and saw that it was the most peaceful woman in the land, helga the queen of randal. She was a beautiful woman with black hair and beauitful blue eyes. "Oh hello, helga." I greeted kindly with a smile. "I'm so happy to see you're alive and well. This situation must be terrifying." She says with such a worried expression on her face and mostly in her eyes. "It very much is but I know my protection is in the right hands." I say, glancing at gryffin who was talking with the horsemen about God knows what. "I'm very much glad they have picked such a good organization to protect you. The endo have such an amazing history to them." She says, glancing at gryffin as well and smiling. "Well I mustn't hold you up for much longer. You must have much work to do back home." She chuckled and I smiled softly with a bow. "Till we meet again, lady helga." She bows to me and leaves me to my carriage which takes me home in a rush.
When getting home, the night had already arrived and we were rushed through the gates. You never know when an attack will come once again.
The night was peaceful, I sat by the fire and read a book while drinking tea. Yet some how gryffin kept himself occupied by meditating in a chair. In a way I felt bad for him, him having to personally protect me with his life. I glanced up from my book and noticed he was staring straight at me causing me to flinch and look straight at my book again. "You like to stare don't you, m'lady." I hear him say. "I'm sorry for my rude manners." I say, blushing from embarrassment as I then rubbed the nape of my neck. "Its quite alright m'lady. Is there anything on your mind?" He asks curiously as he looked at me, sitting normally from his meditating position. The handmaiden came around and poured him a glass of tea. I didn't know how to answer that question other then i was scared. But I knew I had to figure out a new answer to that question. "Just curious of your culture." I say, earning a hum in response. "What would you like to know?" He asks, tilting his head curiously which made me smile a bit. "Just about anything." I say and he hums, thinking about what he could possibly tell me about his culture. There was probably so much, maybe even too much to learn from the culture. "Would you like to know how it originally started?" Gryffin asked which I nodded in response.
"How it originally started was when one single man was starting to get overwhelming feelings that were unexplainable. The feelings of little needles poking at his skin, pounding headaches for days. He went to the doctor and was told he was crazy and sent to the psychward..." The way it originally started sounding almost like a horror movie. But I could see why back so long ago it was such an odd phenomena and it's still kind of weird. "When he was released, he went home to his wife. One day she went to the market but for too long. He felt the feeling of needles picking at his skin with a pounding headache, sweating. He ignored it up until he heard her voice in his head screaming help and his nose began to bleed. He went out to look for her and saw she was going to get murdered and arrived just in time to take out the person trying to do her harm." I had such fascination for their history, their senses must be so strong that it causes their nose to bleed. "Was he the one that started endo?" I asked which shockingly gryffin shook his head no. "He did not start endo, but died from an illness plaguing the empire at the time. It only happened many years later when a man got the same feelings..." gryffin was thinking for a moment, as if to remember something. Maybe there was too much history that it gets so jumbled up. "The man who actually started endo had these overwhelming feelings until it became so apparent that he had this 'power' and even found other people just like him. So you could say it wasn't just one man who started our guild. They went to the secluded island we live on and the first temple was just a small wooden cabin. Then as more people started to find them, the bigger the temple was built. Our founding fathers had written texts and prophecies in terrible handwriting some of us can't read now. They could even see the future. At their time there were hundreds of people living in the temple and doing training." I listened with fascination, I don't see how anyone could not be so fascinated about this guild. They started with nothing and now their here with thousands of gifted assassins using whatever power they had for the good of the people. "They could somehow see the future and had written hundreds of prophecies that will occur through out time. They even predicted a darker power that exists now and was proven to be true years and years ago." I tilted my head with raised brows. So there was some how some sort of darker power that's apart of it all as well? "What do you call it?" I asked him. "It's simple to just call it darkness. It infects the mind more then the soul. It clouds the rational thinking with dangerous thoughts and desires, makes you think you want more when you shouldn't. There can't be light without darkness." He explains simply. "Is there a group for this said darkness?" I asked him and he nodded. "Yes of course. They've existed for a very long time, were proven to exist until after the endo became thousands strong. There would always be endo that wanted more then just the light in their soul. They wanted more power which made them dangerous. Soon they attacked the endo for wanting to only teach the light rather then the darkness. Soon the war between light and darkness formed. A new group originated, at that time they called themselves, denwic's." The story was now getting interesting, I got comfortable on the couch with a smile on my face letting him know I was listening. "Now their called demwar's. We don't know where their hide out could be, it's almost as if their scattered which we don't know for sure. It's hard to spot a demwar since they blend it so well...too well..." he had a scowl look on his face which only lead me to believe he doesn't not like the demwar that much. I wouldn't blame them, they must be traitors to the endo people. "But demwar's are a story for another time. You must be tired." I felt a yawn come up, causing me to chuckle. "Yeah, I'm pretty tired. I'll be retiring to bed now." He nodded and escorted me to my bedroom, the handmaidens entered the room to get me ready in my night gown. Then leaving the room, I jumped in bed and saw the moon was shining down on me which I didn't mind. It was gorgeous so I kept my curtains open. I stared at the night sky from laying down in bed until I fell asleep.