Episode 16

(Y/n's pov)

We've made the trip to the capital in request of ryoo who is continuing this investigation with the kingdoms.
We were in the room with the council up top and the queens and kings at the bottom. Ryoo sat at the table with us and then we started.
"The investigation is still going head strong. We are now going to investigate the randal kingdom and loopall. Is there anything you both would like to confess?" Ryoo asked with a raised brow. They've both shook their head no.
"Well this investigation is going smoothly. Nothing suspicious yet but we're getting to the bottom of this. We will be coming to loopall first, then to randal the next day." Ryoo announced to us all. "If we don't find anything suspicious, you will all report back immediately." He demanded with a stern tone in his voice. I wonder why he would want us back urgently. I mean it could be a bigger thing when we would expect but i would just imagine that there isn't a tyrant trying to kill me. Maybe there isn't much at all that's going on with this situation. It would have all been a coincidence if they haven't found anything, maybe random people are out there who actually hate me. They may have gone out of their way to kill me so I wouldn't be elected in the empire's election. But who would have all that time in the world to make sure I was dead? Or maybe this tyrant is really good at hiding away in this whole empire. But I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I made eye contact with the king of loopall. He gave me a cold look, sending shivers down my spine. I narrowed my eyes at him while he just stared at me, no expression, I looked to ryoo who stared at the two of us with a confused look but didn't comment.
"This meeting is dismissed. Y/n may I speak with you?"
I went with ryoo to his office in the giant palace. Of course like always gryffin stayed by my side.
"I just wanted to speak with you. Who has been to your kingdom recently?" Emperor ryoo asked as we walked to his office together. "The most recent were zayla and helga? Why?" I asked him curiously. "For what?" He asked. "Peace treaties. They want to do their best to make sure my safety is of top priority." I explained calmly as we walked. Gryffin walked alongside me, keeping silent on the conversation. "I was wondering because I don't want anyone going in or out. You don't know which one is the tyrant." Ryoo worriedly said with a sad look on his face. "I can't lose you..." He whispered to me which made me sad. Him and my father were goo friends, I can't imagine losing the daughter of your best friend, the only thing you have left to remember them by.
"Don't worry, theres nothing suspicious about helga that's for sure. But zayla...I'm not sure why she would just willy nilly give me troops. I'm not sure if I trust it anymore." Ryoo furrowed his eyebrows when I say this, opening the door to his office and shut it once we walked in. We sat down together. "I shall demand zayla to take her troops back then." Ryoo said with a stern tone. "It would be the best, thank you." I say softly with a nod, gryffin hummed as we discussed about the assassination and stuff. I wondered what the punishment would be if we were to catch the tyrant. "Till this point, life in the capitol dungeon. If this goes on any longer, it will be execution by hanging." He said coldly as this maiden poured tea into both of our cups to drink. Gryffin was meditating for most of our conversation.
"Does that sound good?" He asked me, sipping his tea with a smile. Rationally thinking, no. But in these unlawful circumstances, it would have to be done so I answered with only a nod as I sipped my tea. "Good. It's been a long investigation. But we'll get to the bottom of it." He said with a smile.
We then left. Me and gryffin were back to zemora, the sun was down and I was by the fire reading a book while he meditated. He does alot of meditating.
"Your not staring at me, that's a start." I hear him say which makes me chuckle. "You've got quite some humor to you, you know that?" Say, smiling while he kept his eyes closed. "How could you know I was?" Asked him. "Intuition. The light let's me know." He says and opened his eyes. "You don't need your eyes to see when your gifted with the light. You could be blind and get the warning of danger. Have you heard the story of the blind tale?" He asked me with a tilted head. I say no and he continues on to tell me the tale.
"Well years ago there was this man who was blind. Born blind and could not see a thing. This was back when endo was just beginning to have a peak of success. He had the gift of light and had a psychic job by telling people their future. Proving he was gifted. But some people didn't believe it until they got their fortune told and then come back to tell him he was right. When the endo found him, they took him in and years after that he became a master and when he got older, he wrote a prophecy. I forget what it was." Gryffin told the tale so passionately, as if he knew the blind man before. "Did you know him?" I asked him and he shook his head. "No. He was just...a big inspiration to alot of people. Even people who weren't endo. He had a good life." Gryffin said softly to me. It was good that he at least had an idol to look up to when being an endo, I'm sure many people have their idols they aspire to be. My idol is my father of course, but right now, it's ryoo. I aspire to be as good of emperor as he is.
"Did you know anyone who turned to demwar?" I asked suddenly which he stiffened up. Silence lingered for a long time. Too long to count. Suddenly he up and left the room. I looked at him worriedly and sighed softly, closing my book and leaving my office, to my room and getting ready for bed with the help of my handmaidens. Maybe it was something that really affected him? Either way, I didn't want to pry. It's a sensitive subject after all. I shouldn't have asked but I was just too curious. Once I was done getting ready for bed, I got into bed and fell asleep.
In a dream I saw a woman. Protecting a man from certain death and people tried to attack the man. But the woman was too skillful to let them near the man behind her. She had axes in her hands, swiftly killing the people attacking with no care and no problem in the world. When they were done for, she helped the man up and smiled at him, hugging him tightly.
That was the end...