Episode 19

(Y/n's pov)

We've arrived back to the temple of endo to meet with jene and talk to her about what had happened the past few recent days. Me and gryffin were waiting for her arrival in the entrance then she came around with a cold facial expression as she always had.
"I heard you both needed something with me?" She asked boldly, then we all walked together to her office to speak privately on the matter with no eavesdroppers.
"What is it." Jene said as she held her head. She seemed to have alot of other things on her plate then this. This recent thing had come up to interrupt. I feel bad but gryffin insisted we get this to her.
"I wanted to let you know of information that was given by two assassins of our opposite side." Jene perked her head up quickly with narrowed eyes. "What do you mean by that." She quickly said with a stern and alarmed tone in her voice. "Two assassins were captured and one was very vague in interrogation." Gryffin stated. "The second one...was off. He had stated if he said anything more, the person can hear, see, and know all." Jene hummed softly with fingers on her chin in a thinking motion. She took this information with a grain of salt. Although there isn't much to it, I believe that she can't do much with that much information. "What do you mean to bring such information to ME then the ones who are conducting this investigation?" She asked with a raised brow to gryffin. I could feel a nervous energy radiating off of gryffin. I didn't know how to explain it, it was like...my intuition was telling me. "Besides, your not the one investigating. Your the one to protect the queen. Those were specific orders I've given you." Jene scolded with a stern tone in her voice, making me more then nervous to be around her right now. She was stressed and annoyed with us that we had just come around here with a grain of information for her that she doesn't know what to do with. I noticed gryffin had bowed his head with furrowed brows as he hummed.
"If I may intervene miss jene, we may want you to come around sometime to interrogate the assassins yourself." I quickly said to make the situation less awkward then it already was. Gryffin looked at me with a raised brow, then at jene who turned to me and rested her fingers on her chin.
"Perhaps if you find my senses to be helpful to you. I'm only available in three days." Jene said, now softening her tone towards me. "That works." I smiled nodding and she hummed, looking towards gryffin. "Gryffin, perhaps you want to take the time to mediate while your here?" Gryffin nodded, turning his head to me. "I'll be okay." I smiled and he then stood up from his chair, leaving the room with only me and jene inside. "Come, we'll spend this time together while your here."
Me and jene then spent the time we had together walking around the temple, then ending up by the library as she then taught me more of the endo history as we walked through the library together. She grabbed old scriptures and read them to me. They were policies and old prophecies.
"There are some prophecies that haven't been fulfilled yet or have failed to be fulfilled." Jene said, walking to their old prophecies. She pulled out a few scrolls. "They we're mainly love prophecies." She said as she then unscrolled one of them, reading: "When light arises darkness arises with it. A distressed mistress will cross paths with an odd knight with odd armor. Two destinies are to meet at a perfect timing. Love is destined for these starcrossed lovers even if it's to be prevented. The mistress finds she's more then what she leads on, incoming the darkness that arises to kill the light as though knows it. The two lovers will be the destiny for the future of the endo even when believed love to be the end of them." She read with a sickened look on her face. It sounded like a lovely passage but by the look, she probably didn't favor it too much. "This was proven to be a false prophecy. It has been overdue it's time. Meaning it should have happened long ago." Jene explained to me and folded it back up and put it right back. "Some of these love prophecies have lead to the impending doom of others." Jene said and looked through other passages. She chuckled when she read this one scroll. "When the denwic have arisen to the order, they find to be controlled by the crooked one they bow favourable towards. Especially a woman to have worn red robes of rose colored blood with a red tint to her eye. Though through her eyes were the most vulnerable. She was to dominate the people though one man of endo is to bring her back down from the high horse and to help her find more to her then she was enslaved to be. He will bring out the best in the worst woman of the century." She laughed loudly. Almost cackling like she was mocking the prophecy. "Like the demwar are confident to arise." Jene mocked and put it back and looked at me. "Its like demwars themselves wrote false scriptures." I followed her down these isles as she read more prophecies with a mocking tone in her voice. I'm beginning to disagree with her narrative that the endo do not need love. It's an essential emotion to every human that walks these plains. She treats love like such an evil thing. But there are flaws to my argument as well. They believe in this light, love my try to blind that. It's what they fear most. But you never know your destiny might be love then commuting to a guild all your life when your how ever old you start at. But either way, I'm not so sure I like how she's reading these prophecies. They sound like lovely scriptures written by very smart people.
Why wouldn't she believe her own founding fathers?
"What do you think about your founding fathers writing such 'cursed things'?" I asked her. Jene stopped and turned to be, fiddling with her fingers. "I believe that some are right in the circumstances or he endo rising more even passed these centuries. The tiny details though most of us don't believe to be true like the love prophecies." I had the sudden urge to argue with that statement but it would be very rude to tell a guild how they should believe. It's like telling someone to change their beliefs on religion. "Interesting..." I didn't know why I had those urges to debate her answer to the question. I felt a sudden passion to myself. I don't know how to explain the feeling, like my gut was telling me something.
"Well i assume we should go find gryffin now." Jene said with a smile to her face which I nodded and soon me and gryffin left the temple together.
Back at the castle I was in my office like always reading my book while gryffin meditated. "What did you and jene do?" Gryffin asked, his eyes still slowed but listening to whatever I had to say. "Went to the library. Spoke about prophecies and stuff like that..." I said with a sad sigh escaping my lips which he seemed to quickly catch onto. "What's the matter?" He asked suddenly. I looked from my book and slowly closed it shut and bit my lip, debating whether I should ask him of this question. "What's your opinions on the love prophecies?" I asked him with hope in my heart that he had somewhat at least believed one. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me. The silence lingered for a moment. "No comment." Gryffin answered and closed his lide shut once again, I felt annoyance creep up inside me. "Bull." I say boldly with a glare towards him which he then raised a brow with his eyes opened once again. "Such language coming from a queen." He scolded softly. "I asked for your opinions, you clearly have your opinions on love. You just don't want to spill them out." I said with folded arms. There was tension in the room as me and him looked at each other with an intense look in both our eyes. There was something to those orbs that made me want to melt in some way.
"If love is what you seek so be it." He vaguely said and shut his eyes. I scoffed. "What, not enough for you?" He then asked and I chuckled mockingly. "What do you mean by that?" I asked him. "I mean if one choses to want to follow their belief in love then so be it. I'm not one to change the beliefs of another human being. Now if you'll excuse the two of us, you need sleep." Gryffin quickly said, standing up and looked at me with furrowed brows. Had I ticked him off? I joked I didn't. I was just curious. Maybe I should not have asked sudden questions like that.
I regret my decision but I guess curiously has once again killed the cat.

Love Kills (Assassin x reader)✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें