Episode 35

(Jene's pov)

A few days go by and we've investigated zayla's kingdom. Ryoo is to do with that information as he will and I've called gryffin and y/n to the temple. For gryffin to meditate here and for me to talk with y/n personally. There were things I needed to tell her and to get off my chest. After all these years.

(Y/n's pov)

We came to the temple and we saw jene. She waved gryffin off and he bowed before leaving me and her alone.
"What is it jene?" I asked her as both our feet clicked on the hard marble tile. "I just wanted to talk with you for a bit." She says as we stroll through out the temple together. It was quiet for a remainder of the moment. People were passing by through the temple, I believed she wanted a more secluded area.
We soon walked into her office and she locked the door, I sat in a chair and she sat across from me.
"Have you been feeling...off?" She asked me curiously. I looked at her weirdly. "Answer honestly." I tilted my head even more confused. "What do you mean?" I asked. She stayed quiet and looked at the ground. "Douglas?-" she looked at me sharply. "Have you been feeling off. Have you felt like something is missing or something has been trying to reach out?" I didn't even know what to say to that. What do I say? Sure I've felt a piece of me was missing, but I've felt...weird the past few months. "I've felt a piece of me was missing at some points. But I'm fine." I tell her but it didn't seem to be enough of an answer for her as she stared at me. "Your mother. Have you thought of her at All?" She asked me which I felt my heart sink a bit. I nodded sadly and she hums.
"There's something about your mother that you never knew." She said to me. "What is it?" I asked her curiously and she sighs softly. It was silent for a long time, like she was debating with herself. Whether or not to tell me. But it just seems to be the right time.
"Your mother was an endo." My eyes widened. My memories go back to when I was about to be assassinated, I felt the tingling sensations. I knew my life was in danger those nights some how. "She was very tuned to the light in her soul. She was the best." Jene said with a proud smile on her face. I felt a smile creep up on my face, some how I felt this was coming.
"Tell me more please..." I say, longing for more stories of my mother. "She was a fierce and cunning warrior. She believed in everybody." Jene says and her smile fell and she looked at me seriously. "Y/n..." she trailed off.
"Your a douglas."

Flashback

Jene's pov

My sister walked with confidence with every step she took. She raised funds for our guild, she got the job done, she even killed an undercover demwar. Penni Douglas was a beauitful woman, but didn't bow to no man. Not even the man she married. Me and my sister fought by each other's side even when we were younger. Our mother and father had abandoned us, until we were taken in the endos, trained to be what we were meant to be. Though we had a close bond, we just couldn't have that sisterly love we used to have. We had to treat each other as if we were just allies. A professional bond. Though as the years went on, we became the best in the temple. But when the zemorian king was seeking help and protections from a kingdom threatening to attack, she was the one to protect the kings son, the Prince, Zackary l/n. He was the one to be king. She protected this man until he took over office. For years. Until she became 26 years old. 6 years she protected him. In those 6 years they fell in love, and he begged her to stay with him. Until she made her final decision, she came back to the temple one last time, not a peep was spoken as she just walked around. She looked around and then at me one last time. I confusedly looked at her. Until I noticed the bump on her stomach, she walked up to me.
"Jene, I will be resigning."
"Why?!"
"I've dedicated my life to a man. I will be settling down."
I looked at her stomach to find a baby bump on her stomach and a ring on her finger.
"This is what you've been hiding from Me?" I asked her. She nodded, looking at me with no expression. "I'm sorry it has to be this way jene..." she told me. At the time I was disappointed in her. Angry almost. But I knew her situation. She was a pregnant wife who had secretly married the Prince to live a more peaceful life. The same time i trusted her judgement. If this was a destiny she was willing to fulfill then I will support my sister.
"If anything happens to me...please...protect my baby."
I never broke that vow.
One thunderous and stormy night, the door slammed open and revealed the king of zemora coming in. Tears in his eyes in desperate needs to tell me something.
"Jene..."
I looked confused.
"Where's penni?"
The silence was still. It was buzzing with the loud silence lingering.
The kings tears finally fell.
The young handmaiden stepped forward as she held a calm sleeping baby in her arms.
"Is that...her baby?" I asked him.
"Jene..." zack said with a shaky tone.
"Penni is resting right? She's at home...she's sleeping...right?" I asked with my voice cracking a bit. They were all silent. "She's at home..." the king stepped closer.
"Penni passed away from child birth..."
The hand maiden said with tears spilling from her eyes. I dropped to my knees sobbing as I held my head shaking.
"PENNI!" I screamed and banged my fist on the ground.
"NO! SHE CAN'T BE DEAD...SHE JUST CAN'T" I screamed in sorrow and agony. The baby began crying, the handmaiden rocked her back and fourth, trying to keep the baby calm.
"Jene..." the king says as he kneeled down.
"She can't..." I whispered as I stared at the man she married.
"Jene...penni was a strong woman and she would want you to stay strong too." Zack said calmly as he puts his hand on my shoulder.
"Jene...if anything happens to me..."
He started.
"Please keep my daughter safe."
We both slowly stood up together and I stood up straight as I wiped my eyes.
"With my life, I'll protect her."
The years go by and I had gotten the news, sitting in my office as I looked down at the box that withheld the robes and the weapons of my sister.
"Jene...there's a letter from zemora."
I turned around and took the letter which read:
Dear jene Douglas,
We regret to inform that king zackary l/n, has passed away due to his illness. We will send you flowers in loving memory.
Y/n l/n although, has taken position at the youngest age of 13 years old has taken her father's place in office. If you would like to visit the young queen, your more the welcome to do so. We are sorry for your loss, miss Douglas.
We bless you great wishes.
Your friend, feya ralos.
When one goes, another one goes with it. It was a heartbreaking message to read, I cried for days. For both of them. Now the only thing I have left of both of them is their daughter.
Years go by, I silently watched her grow up. Not wanting her to know of me yet.
I've sent spies to watch her with the knowledge of zemorian government, to make sure she was safe.
I watched her speeches.
I watched her great accomplishment.
I watched her abolish slavery.
I watched her cut taxes on low income citizens.
I watched her build the kingdom more and more.
I watched her bring people together.
I watched her follow her own path.
Slowly as she grows up I watched her grow to be this beautiful woman.
Looking just like penni.
Reminded me just like penni.
Penni was a cunning warrior and a good leader.
I watched My niece grow up.
Until the dreaded day I found out she was almost assassinated, I was just about to step in.
Until, she came to me...

Flashback over

Hearing this story was shocking and out of the blue for me. I was a douglas
"Does that mean...I have the light?" I asked jene. "Part of it. You can get the feeling of feeling in danger. I believe that's the only thing you sense, correct?" She asked me, I nodded and she hummed. "Then I would say, your a half blooded light Carrie. An HBLC." Jene told me. I was still in shock at this moment. I come from a line of endo warriors? I never saw this coming at all. Jene douglas is my aunt.
"Do you believe I have the ability to learn the ways of fighting?" Curiously asked her and she just nodded. "Anyone is able to learn. You may be able to learn alot quicker at your age." Jene says simply and I felt excitement fill within me. "Will you be able to teach Me?" Jene looked at me. Debating with herself once more. "I'm sure gryffin can teach you. We have a sneaking suspicion that zayla could be the tyrant." She said to me. "I knew it.." I whispered and she hummed.
"We will definately let you know."
The day soon ends. Gryffin finished his meditations.
"Y/n!" Jene called before me and gryffin got on the boat.
"May the light guide you."
I smiled and waved, gryffin helped me on the boat and looked at me curiously.
"I'll tell you later."