"Don't speak Mia... first... let's eat huh?" He pulls his hands free and I miss their warmth immediately. "You know what you're eating? Cause I know what I'm gonna eat." He gives me a cheeky grin and I give him a small smile in return.

"I'll have what you're having." I say as he motions for Jeffrey who comes running to our table.

"Two Wimpy Cheese burgers with chips please." Jeffrey scribbles ferociously. "With a bar one milkshake for me and..." he trails off leading me to order my own drink.

"And a lime milkshake please." I say and Jeffrey nods then takes the menus. "Ryan listen... I'm sorry about the-" my ring tone sounds and I internally groan. I look and see it's Sara. "Hold on its Sara." I answer and put the phone to my ear. "Hi Sara."

"Mia! Where are you?!" She screams so loud that I move the phone away from my ear. "Are you okay?" This time she lowers her voice that is full of concern.

"Yeah I'm okay..." I glance to Ryan who seems to be staring at my phone. Which is so outdated it is actually embarrassing. "I had a tough start to the day but Ryan caught me and-"

"Wait. You're with Ryan?" her voice is laced with hurt. "Why are you... where are you even..."

I sigh and fiddle with my blazers pocket, finding a hole in it, I look at it while I wiggle my finger which sticks out and I stomp my foot on the ground. Ryan snaps his head and I mouth a sorry to him, he carries on trying to act like he isn't listening but actually is, you know what I mean. "Listen I'll explain when I get to school, he's sticking me to breakfast." I say with a smile, only to be met with a grunt.

"So you would accept his help over mine?" My heart aches and I search for the words. "You know what, nevermind. Enjoy your fucking breakfast with him." She ends the call and I push my phone into my pocket. My heart feels as though it has been stabbed a thousand times.

"You okay?" I hear Ryan ask and I just nod my head. "Listen... I heard the rumors..." he begins and my palms become clammy before he is able to continue. "But I know it's not the true story... the rumors never are..." I sigh and run my hand through my hair which probably looks like shit.

"I will tell you... just maybe not today... I'm still fragile..." I admit and he nods his head. "Home life is very difficult as well at the moment. We barely make it day to day." I blurt out. His eyes shift from sadness to pity. I turn my face and look at the faded sleeves of blazer. "Single mom, with three kids of your own is a lot never mind with a kid you never wanted..." I say softer. He grabs my hand and I feel compelled to confide more in him. "You wanna know why I haven't been able to eat?" I look at him from under my lashes. I see a tiny nod. "Because if I do... the kids and my aunt won't eat..."

He sits there speechless. We sit like that for a few minutes before the food and shakes arrive. It feels as if there is someone that has their eyes on me which is not Ryan, I twist around in my seat but do not see anyone looking at me. I shrug it off but in my gut I know that it is not something to ignore.

Once served I literally dive in face first into the burger and push the uneasy feeling further out my mind. I moan at how good it tastes and what it feels like to actually eat food. I scarf down my burger and chips like an animal. When I reach for a serviette I realize Ryan has barely touched his. I blush deeply. "I'm so sorry." I wipe my mouth and sip my shake humiliated by how fast I ate.

"No its fine, really." He takes a sip of his shake and moans. "Have you tried this one before?" I shake my head and he passes it over to me offering me a sip. Without thinking I lean forward and take a sip out of his straw, which he holds for me. My lips barely graze his fingers and I see that his arm breaks out in gooseflesh (also known as goosebumps?) And shivers from my touch.

The chocolate slides over my tongue and down my throat in one easy motion. I moan as I pull away with a grin on my face.  "Now this... this is heaven on earth." He gives me a genuine smile and my heart warms up a bit. "So..." I say as he starts eating again. "Can you tell me more about yourself?" I am weary because I understand that this is a touchy subject.

He chews slower as if buying himself time. "Well... what would you like to know?" I stare into those green eyes and I want to ask the question that is burning me.

"What happened?" I blurt out. His face changes and I immediately regret asking. "Only if you can share." I add on quickly.

He looks around the Wimpy and shakes his head. "Not here... too many ears..." he says softly and my heart beats due to the mere fact that he agreed to tell me more about his dark past. "After school?" He asks and I nod my head. "So Mia, tell me... were these subjects the ones you wanted to take?"

We made small talk until he finished and he paid the bill.

As we got into the car he surprises me with a question. "Can I get your number?" I stare at him. Why would he want my number I mean I'm not the best person nor the best looking...

A blush works its way up my neck as I nod my head, he passes me his phone as he starts his car. I stare at the device and see it's one of the latest models and has soo many applications that I don't know what half of them are. I also note that his wallpaper is of a small boy hugging his leg.

I clear my throat as I eventually find the contacts button. I quickly put in my number and save my contact.

"How did you and Sara meet?" I shrug.

"We were on the swim team and we were actually rivals but then once we started talking, I realised that we weren't so different... and bam. Here we are..." I chuckle and run a hand through my hair.

We pull up to school and the gates are locked. Yay. Now we have to face the receptionist who for some reason doesn't like me.

As we get out of the car he comes round to my side and grabs my hand. Tingles wash over me and I grip his hand. "What happened to your hands? They look like they got the brunt of the damage." I swallow hard as I try to pull my hand away.

The gardeners look at us and I see the nosey people are out in their gardens and are watching me very carefully.

"Too many eyes..." I say softly and I pull my hand out of his grip, instantly missing his touch and heat.

He looks at his hand as if I've taken a part of him with me. I sling my bag on my back and in turn he does the same.

We walk quietly into the school grounds and I feel more at home with him than I do with Sara even. Maybe it's because he has a dark side like me? Maybe we could be even a something more? I don't know... maybe after our chat today I will know more. Who knows...

Personally, I struggled in my younger years financially. Parents divorced and my father refused to pay maintenance. So I know what Mia is going through.
Do you think they make a good pair and do you think Sara will get over it?
Enjoy the story and let me know your thoughts.