Chapter 14

I freeze on the spot as the car stops.

Eventually I get up and ready myself for another dash. The lights switch off to reveal a red car. It can't be.

"Ryan?" I ask not believing my eyes, I move closer and sure enough his brown head pops out of the car. "Ryan!" I shout and I run to him.

I crash into him and hug him so tightly because I don't believe it. "Is this real? Or am I dreaming?" I ask into his chest.

"Nah, it's real alright." He lifts my chin and pecks me on my lips.

I hold his hand as we go to sit on our spot. "How on earth did Jack let you come?" I ask in amazement.

We sit down and he plays with my hand in his, finding the crumbs of bread dough in the creases. "Well it took him a few weeks to finally cave in." He gives me a mischievous smile. "Sorry that your plans with Sara didn't work out."

I smack his chest. "No wonder why she had such a lame excuse. It was because of you!" I stare at him as my heart clenches, I wish he was here with me all the time. "But seriously. Where's Jack?" I ask as I look around.

"Eh. He's nearby." He says softly before pulling me close again. "I brought supper to meet your family?" He asks me quietly.

I stiffen as I realise that he wants to come into my home again. "Ryan... I'm not-"

"Oh pleaaaaseee..." he begs me. "I want to see little Vicky again so bad."

I giggle and roll my eyes. "Fine... but first..." I say as I turn in his arms. "I need another kiss." He grins at me.

"It would be a pleasure." He leans down and plants a kiss on my lips. Man, oh man. I could do this every day of my life.

I kiss him so hard trying to catch up on the weeks of not seeing him.

It's short lived when my phone vibrates, I pull away and see Kathryn's name.

Can you come home please? Vicky fell and Nathan is feeling hot again.

I sigh as I get up. "Well, you get your wish." I reply back that I'm bringing Ryan over with me.

We get to my house and I hear the chaos inside before I see it. I hear Vicky crying something terrible and Diego is sitting outside of the house with hands over his ears.

"Welcome home." I mutter as I close the door. "Come on in Ryan." I call out to him as I open the door to the deafening sound.

I find Vicky quickly. She's cradling her arm at the bottom of the stairs and Kathryn is trying to comfort her, but Nathan is pulling her shirt as he is crying as well.

"I got her." I say as I pull Vicky into my arms.

It takes her a while to calm down and before my ears stop ringing. "Let me see." I say as I gently take her arm in my hand. Doesn't look broken. "What happened?" I ask softly.

Her sobs start back up as she points to the stairs. I look to where she's pointing and see the board on the floor is broken. I sigh and look at her leg, yep. Exactly what I was expecting.

She must have been coming down the stairs when the stair broke, her leg got caught and she landed on her arm.

"You're very lucky that it's not broken, Kitten." She nods her head and I pick her up gently. I see the food is on the counter  and probably starting to get cold. "You hungry?" She nods her head. "My friend brought us food." Her eyes light up and I put her down. "I'll get mommy to clean it after food, okay?" She nods her head again.