Chapter 15

I freak out slighlty. "Did Jack figure out who Chris and Pat are?" I pace the front yard.

He sighs and gets his phone out. "Chris, yes. But Pat, no. He can't find anyone in his system for that name." He types a message and looks at me. "Chill Mia..."

But I don't stop. Do I have to now look out for Creepy Chris following me again?

I flop onto the stairs and hold my head. "I've got enough stress. Why are they back?" He shakes his head unable to give me an answer. "Did you see anyone suspicious where you are staying now?"

He shakes his head again. "No. Bultf-" he stops himself. "Sorry..." he paws the ground with his foot. "But no, there's nobody like that. We know everyone there." I nod my head. Making a mental note for if I ever need to know where he is.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Are you leaving now again?" I ask slightly choked up.

He looks at the phone and shakes his head. "I don't think so." I relax slightly. "I wanted to take you out on a date tomorrow..." he says softly. "Do you work tomorrow?" I sigh and nod my head. "Till when?"

"From 7 to 10." I say softly.

"That will work." He says as he rubs his hands together.

I look at him in wonder. "It's a surprise..." he chuckles, leaving me wondering, worried but excited

...

This morning, Bets showed me how to make a cake and how to make icing. I am so grateful to have her in my life, she is a mother figure for me and I am growing extremely attached.

I give her a hug at the end of the day. "Thank you for giving me a chance, Bets." I say full of emotion.

"It's only a pleasure, Mia." She gives me a tight squeeze. "Now go on and see that boyfriend of yours." I blush and look at the ground.

"How-"

She chuckles and pats my shoulder. "Sweetie, I know what a lovesick puppy looks like." I blush a really deep shade of red. She shoos me out of the shop and I can't help but smile as I make my way home to get ready for my surprise.

As I walk up a street, I feel the hairs on my neck rise. I quickly duck into an alley and hide behind a trashcan.

"Where did she go?" I hear a familiar voice call out. I go stiff with fear. Creepy Chris.

"Fuck it Chris..." the other one snarls. I peep under the trashcan and see a guy with pitch black hair. That's the guy I don't know.

I pull out my phone and type Ryan a message.

Ryan, go. Now. They're back...

My phone vibrates and I stare at the screen.

Where are you?

I hear movement and I look under the can, I see them moving into the alley with guns! I gulp and begin to think of what to do. Do I stay still and hope for the best? Or do I try to make a run for it?

"I know you're here..." Chris says as he comes closer. It's at this stage that I decide that I need to run. I wait as I hear the footsteps come closer, I coil myself like a snake, which is ready to strike.

The footsteps are almost right on top of me when I let out a warrior cry and push the trash bin with all my might and strength.

It crashes into them and they fall on their backs. I run like a bat out of hell in the opposite direction, I burst out of the alleyway, just as gunshots ring out. "We need her alive, you idiot!" Pat shouts and I quickly make a beeline for another alley that leads into an abandoned building.