Chapter 21

I'm brought back to earth by someone smacking my face. I blink to see Chris right in front of me, I try to move away from him. The images still flash in front of me and I let the tears roll down my cheeks.

"I don't know what it was..." I say defeated. I hang my head.

"Mia... oh, Mia..." Chris says to me as he runs his dirty hands over my arms. I whimper and try to pull away. "Think babe..." he reaches my shoulder and pokes it. I groan as the pain shoots through my body.

"Let me down. Please..." I beg and he just smiles. "Please." He shakes his head and traces my neck.

I gulp as he holds it gently. "Think. Pretty lady." Suddenly, he squeezes and my eyes bulge out. "Think." He says through gritted teeth and my body goes wild.

My lungs try to get air, but nothing. I kick my legs and pull on my restraints, but nothing happens.

My eyes begin to roll back and darkness begins to come. He lets go and I swallow as much air as I can.

"Leave her alone! She doesn't know! Can't you see that." I hear Ryan, but in return, I hear something hit him.

"Just tell me what it was... and where it is now..." Chris leans his head against mine and I take a breath.

I close my eyes and go back.

...

Theresa and I were playing hide and seek a few days before the fire. I was seeking and she had hidden herself in a metal container. Like a metal one that you can lock, but it was open.

When I found her, she giggled and I tickled her, but it was short-lived when dad came into the room and saw us in his crate.

He pulled Theresa out and practically threw her on the ground. He backhanded me and I ended up on the floor. "Don't you ever go into this thing ever. Do you understand me?" I had nodded my head as tears streamed down my face and Theresa climbed into my arms. "Now get out."

We ran out of the room and never got the chance to ever do it again in any case.

...

"It was a container..." I say softly with my hoarse voice.

He pulls back and stares at me. "What container?" Pat pushes him away and grips my chin. "Where is it now?"

I shake my head. "I don't know... we lost everything in the fire..." he lets go roughly and looks at Chris.

"Let them down. Meet me in the car in 5 minutes." He leaves the room and Chris does as told, even if he does take a bit longer to put my shackle on because he is staring at my naked body.

"Can we get water and food, please?" I croak out as he moves to Ryan.

He whips his head my way and smiles in a way that makes my skin crawl. "How much do you want water and food?" I swallow hard and stay silent. "What are you willing to do for food and water?" Chris asks wickedly.

I shake my head. "We'll see soon enough..." he chuckles and leaves as soon as Ryan is down.

He reaches for me and I climb into his arms. Not caring that we're both naked.

"Oh, Mia..." he shoves his head in the groove of my neck and clutches me to him. "What the fuck are we going to do..." he mumbles and I just sigh.

"I don't know..." I hold him for a good 10 minutes before I realise what a compromised position I am in. I'm literally straddling him, stark naked. "Uhm... Ryan..." he mumbles against my skin and it breaks out into gooseflesh. "Ryan... were naked..."