Chapter 20

I am stunned. So shocked that I have no words, Ryan just sits there with an open mouth as well.

Patrick continues to puff like a little steam train. Finally, I find a few questions that I want to know the answers to. "If you wanted me, why did you shoot me?"

He takes another puff and thinks about his answer before just sighing. "Honestly? You just really pissed me off..."

I gasp slightly. He seriously just shot me because I upset him?

"Okay... Why me? And why is Ryan here?" I look over to Ryan, who has a lost expression written all over his face.

"Let me explain something to you, Mia... I was a double agent from the beginning, but then I heard about a girl named Mia that Ryan really liked spending time with." He rolls his eyes. "And then I wondered..." he taps his finger on his chin. "Is this the Mia that Chris was tasked with to look for and I had met many, many moons ago?" He smacks his thigh. "Sure enough, it was the Mia he was looking for."

"It took us 5 years... 5 fucking years to find you... but we found you eventually..." he kills the finished bud and lights another one.

"Why were you looking for me?" I ask really confused. "I wasn't hiding?" He scoffs as his eyes harden and I want to swallow my question.

"Don't you ever wonder why your aunt doesn't date? Or well, nothing too serious..." he wriggles his eyebrows and I cringe. "Man, she can really give a man a good time." He chuckles as I go green.

"But that's a story for another day." He shakes his head and carries on. "Anyways, that's why you don't have loans, why you don't have credit cards. Why you've barely left a trace..." he sighs and wipes his face. "And then Ryan popped into your life and I got a 2 for 1 special."

He claps his hands and I am still confused. "But why were you looking for me... I don't understand..."

He cocks his head to side and looks at me funny. "You don't know?" He lets out a breath. "I don't believe you." I frown and shake my head. "Hey Chris." My body tenses.

"Yeah Pat?" Chris pops his head in.

"How much do you want to play with the pretty girl?" I gulp and shake my head.

"I swear. I don't know anything!" I scream out and curl up into a small ball. "My father never told me anything, I honestly swear."

Chris raises his eyebrow but Pat shakes his head. "Sorry... I don't buy it." He gets off the chair and takes a step towards Ryan, who cowers away in the corner.

I step in front of him. "Leave him alone."

Pat narrows his eyes at me, he contemplates my words before a wicked smile returns to his face. "Tie em both up..."

Chris lunges at me and grips my arms, I protest and begin to pull them out of his grasp. "Come on Chris... get her..." Pat says as he watches on.

Ryan suddenly is pulling Chris off of me, I shriek as Chris grabs my hair. "Oh come on you fucking idiot!" Pat grumbles as he pulls Ryan off of Chris.

He pushes him to the ground and pins him down, it's as if a switch glips inside Ryan as he begins begging and sobbing as Pat handcuffs his hands.

Chris on the other hand, pulls the shirt off of my body once again and I shiver, I renew my fight and land a good kick to his stomach. Fire dances in his eyes again and I begin to feel the terror claw at my throat from the sudden regret for my act of defiance.

"That's enough, you bitch." He sneers out at me as he punches me.

Little stars dance in my eyes as I go still from the shock.