Chapter 9

We hold up our hands as the car pulls to a stop. The driver's door flies open and a familiar bald head pops out. My heart drops as I know that this is not good for Ryan. In the passenger seat is someone that I don't recognise nor do I see him very well.

"I don't fucking get you Ryan!" He curses as he storms towards us.

"Jack... look-" he doesn't finish his sentence because Jack is jerking him up into standing position. "For fucks sake Jack!"

"No you listen to me!" He pokes Ryan in the chest repeatedly. "I am in charge of you. So if I don't know where the fuck you are, how am I supposed to make su-" he stops and looks at me. "Get the fuck out of here." He sneers at me and I quickly get to my feet.

"No, I'm not-" Jack smacks his chest.

"Oh yes you are..." Jack states as Ryan looks at me defeated.

"It's okay... I can walk..." I say softly and grab my bag out of Ryan's car. Their conversation gets heated and I just walk away.

My mind carries on with what he told me and what I told him. It's dark already and I know that I am going to get very late back home as the river is a solid half and hours walk.

As I get to the dirt road, the black car comes speeding fast me, Jack's car. Leaving me in a cloud of dust.

I wave my hand to clear some of the dust. The red car creeps slowly and my heart skips a beat. But I see its the other guy driving and he doesn't even pay me a second glance.

I mutter some not nice things about them and carry on my merry way.

While walking along the side streets, a different black car pulls up next to me and the window rolls down. An oldish man practically climbs out of the passenger window. "Hey baby." He shouts out and I shake my head and begin walking quicker.

"Awh come on babe, how much?" I scoff and turn up a different street, any street to get away from this creep.

Sadly, he reverses and follows me. "Come on, I can teach you a few things..." I let out a breath.

"No, THANK YOU." I scream at him and head into a walkway where I know he can't follow me.

He screams after me calling me a bitch. I just shake my head and carry on walking.

By the time I get home, the house is quiet. My tummy rumbles as I smell the soup that was once on the stove. I drop my bag and walk into the kitchen hoping for a small bowl.

I am lucky, I pump my fist into the air as I see my bowl sitting on the counter. I quickly grab it and head upstairs, it's cold already. I wonder what time it is... I tip toe into my aunt's room and find her completely passed out with Nathan sprawled out over her.

I see a figure on the floor with a blanket and my heart clenches. It's little Vicky, she doesn't like to sleep alone at this moment.

I go into my room and change into my PJ's. I'll have a basin bath tomorrow morning.

I walk back into the room and pick Vicky up gently. She mumbles something in her sleep but doesn't wake up. I carry her small body to my room and I place her down gently onto my bed.

I pull the blankets back over her and give her a kiss on her head.

I go and sit by the window that looks out to the outskirts of our small little town. I wonder what future I have here... probably not a great one... but I mean where do I go and how do I get there? I eat my cold soup, shuddering with every spoon, but extremely grateful for the food.

I remember that I have a phone and pull it out from my blazer that's hung over the chair. I see Sara sent a message and one from a number I don't have saved. Opening the unknown number to me I smile.