Chapter 19

"No." I say simply. "There's no way!" I shout at him and pull my hair. "My- my dad... he was a security guard..."

He laughs menacingly. "Babe... why do you think your daddy had a gun?"

My mouth opens and closes for a few moments, unable to come up with a valid reason. "He was a security guard." I say softly.

"Nawh babe. That's really cute... but nah..." he shrugs. "He worked for my boss and well... let's just say he didn't end on the very best of terms." He laughs again and my blood runs cold. "Your daddy got a bit greedy and hardass, so of course he had to be put in his place." His eyes twinkle and it feels as though a bucket of ice cold water has been thrown over me.

The realisation comes over me and all my pent up anger from the years and pain starts brewing from deep within my gut. He laughs at my complete  lack of knowledge. I clench my fists and try to calm the storm bubbling up from inside. "Awh man Mia... I hear that he didn't get much of a chance to fight for his life."

Then, all at once, my anger boils over, my emotions take control and I leap up to my feet.

I charge at him and throw my body at him. "You guys made him kill them, didn't you?!" I hit the air out of his lungs. I punch him for everything that I have been through, everything that I have lost. "You bastard!" I shout.

He pushes me backwards and I fall on the ground. My head bounces off of the ground and I suddenly feel sluggish. "You bitch." He snarls out at me. "I'll show you a bastard."

I watch in a daze as he unlocks my shackle. Ryan calls out to me and tries to run after me but Chris pulls me out of the room.

He slams the door shut and Ryan watches through the small window. "Call me a bastard... you bitch..." he drags me like a ragdoll into what looks like a replica of the room I was just in but has a few couches scattered around.

He has pulled off my top and tied my hands up by the time that my body begins to react and the sluggish feeling subsides. But it's too late.

I dangle by my arms. I cryand wince as my shoulder pulls once again. "Yeah, I'm gonna give you something to cry about..."

He pulls my leggings off roughly and I begin to beg, scared to death of what might happen. "Please. I'm sorry!"

He leaves me utterly naked and disappears for a while. I look back to where Ryan is and see him leaning against the door banging the window.

I feel so vulnerable and hopeless... I cry even harder.

He returns with whips and my eyes widen. It's like Ryan's story. "Please. No." I cry out and try to move away. But it's no use.

He picks one out and flicks it against my back. I cry out. Instinctively my body flinches when he raises it again after hitting me the first time. "Now you can call me bastard!" He screams at me as he repeatedly whips my back, chest and legs.

By the time he is done. I'm a mess. Snot, drool and tears are all over my face and body.

I have sores where the whip hit me and my shoulder is just really sore.

He lets my hands down and I fall to the ground. He grabs my foot and drags me back to Ryan. I groan as my back makes contact with the floor. He pushes the door open and throws me naked on the ground.

He puts the shackle back on and leaves me with Ryan.

Ryan is immediately by my side. "Oh, Mia..." he cries out. "I'm so sorry..." he sobs as he doesn't know where to touch me. As he knows all too well what it's like.

He eventually just squeezes his eyes shut and pulls me into his arms, cradling me. I hiss out in pain as all the open wounds come into contact with him. "I know... I know it's sore... just... just close your eyes..."