Chapter 18

"Now, now. We're going to go for a ride and have a chat... just the three of us..." I swallow extremely hard and begin to tremble.

Ryan, on the other hand, tries to make himself appear bigger by standing up tall as he turns to face the man. "I can't believe you, Patrick, after every-"

A dull thud is heard and I turn around just in time to see Ryan crumple to the ground face first. I gasp as I see Creepy Chris standing behind him.

"Now then..." Patrick strolls up to me and grabs me by my hair, I shriek and claw at his hands. "Stop fighting or else I'll put a bullet in his head." He aims his gun at Ryan and my fight instantly evaporates. "That's better." He shoves me towards Chris and I stumble to the ground. "Tie them up and get them into the trunk quickly... before Jack gets back."

Creepy Chris ties Ryan up first and Pat helps him to put him in the trunk. Then he ties me up, pulling my hands behind my back. I cry out in pain as my shoulder screams out as well.

"Oops, is it too tight?" He asks me and I meekly nod my head. "Too bad." He pulls it tighter and I fall into darkness.

...

I come to and I'm in the damned trunk. I wiggle slightly and find my arms are tied so tightly around my back that it actually hurts to even flinch a muscle. My legs are bound by the ankles as well, great.

I hear a groan from behind me and I begin to seriously freak out. "Mia?" It's Ryan's voice but it's very groggy.

"I'm here."

It's silent for a while as we acclimate to our surroundings.

"How did you find me?" He croaks out.

"You mentioned Bultf and it being a small town... I merely put two and two together... I knew I needed to find you and tell you." I say softly. "I tried to tell you last night, but I don't think you understood..."

He sighs deeply. "I understood you were trying to tell me something. I just didn't know what... are you okay, though?"

I grunt as a response. "He shot me... the bastard." I seethe at the thought of how he did it.

"I'm sorry..." he says so deflated that my heart breaks.

"Don't be sorry, Ryan... it's not your fault..." I somehow manage to sort of turn and face him. I try and snuggle against him but that doesn't work out so great.

We ride for a very long time and we stay silent not knowing what to say.

Eventually, I ask a burning question. "What's going to happen to us now?"

He lets a breath out. "I honestly don't know... because I don't know where my father is..."

It's quiet once again and soon I let my eyes close.

...

"Mia?" I hear my name, I hum in response. "Mia." My name is louder now.

"Huh?" I ask as I pull myself out of my sleep.

"We've stopped moving." Ryan says in a hushed tone.

I close my eyes again, wanting to drift away. "Stay with me, Mia..." I blink hard trying to force the thought of sleep out of mind.

I hear footsteps coming closer and I take a breath when the trunk pops open. "Hello you. Rise and shine!" Creepy Chris says cheerfully as he pulls me out backwards by my arms.

I cry out in pain as my shoulder hurts. "Stop it! You're hurting her!" Ryan roars at him, but Chris merely just laughs.

"Nawh... isn't that precious..." he drags me across the rocks and I feel them scratching my legs. My arms are being forced in an unnatural position and my body is screaming at him.