CHAPTER FIVE

BAILEY

The drive to my house took longer than expected as I decided to take a detour. I needed to clear my mind. It's weird how a couple days ago we barely knew each other and now I'm starting to feel weird shit around her. It's crazy.

I get to my house and see James' and Jakes cars parked up. After parking and walking in, I can hear everyone talking in the living room. I need to distract myself. This house is too boring when my parents are gone. Hmm.

"Guy's I'm having a party on Friday," I state nonchalantly as I sit on the sofa.

Lily, Phelia and Jake are on the floor sitting on cushions. Melanie and James are sat snuggled up. Jess and Dan are on the PlayStation. But all their heads have turned. It's kinda amusing.

"Um sorry. I don't believe your Bailey Andrews. TELL ME WHERE SHE IS?!" James jumps on me shaking my shoulders but I burst out laughing.

"Hey hey, I'm being serious!" They still have the same shocked look was on their faces and James has stopped shaking me.

I'm not surprised why they're shocked. I hate parties, It's because I tend to find them extremely boring and my parents would force me to go. They still force me to go to events and charity stuff, but that's for business. My friends would have to beg me to come and sometimes I just wouldn't go. I never cared as it wasn't that important. But I mean, why not?!

"Okay well, I am excited then!" I laugh at Dan's reaction. So does the others.

The rest of the evening consisted of pizza and talking. I got up to get a bottle of water to be dragged by an unknown person.

"Bailey, when you dropped Anna did anything happen?" Jess said with seriousness piercing through her eyes. To my surprise Melanie was next to her with her arms crossed and a worried face.

"We spoke, she just told me her situation slightly regarding her parents and dick for brains." Both girls looked confused, "Bradley. Then I asked her out on a date as friends and we umm kind of made out again." I muttered the last part. But by the looks on their faces, they hundred percent heard it.

"I'm speechless."

"I mean you are talking Jess so I don't think your speachles-"

"Oh hush buffy," Jess retorts. You know still til this day, I don't get why Jess calls Mel 'Buffy' anytime they argue or get heated. I mean Jess is the blonde so wouldn't it make sense for her to be Buff-

"HEY WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!" I glare at Mel as she punched me hard on my arm.

"You need to save her Romeo!"

"Not that easy, she has a boyfriend. And I like her, not love her so stop being so dramatic. I've known the girl for five minutes!"

"More like a week but sure," Jess responds this time.

"Whatever guys. If she needs me, I'll be there for her but it's her life. I'm a knight in shining armour," I argue while rolling my eyes with a hint of frustration.

"Listen, don't you dare start with that attitude Andrews. I swear I'll punch you to next year. All I'm saying is to help her out, you two aren't so different. You clearly like her a good amount, no matter how long you've known her." I could feel the anger in Mels voice. It's scary and the fire in her eyes isn't helping.

"Fine, now can we drop this and plan Friday?" I ask while groaning.

"I still don't know why your having a party but okay," Mel muttered while we walked back.

———

I'm now in bed. Everyone left as it's a school night, Jess left first as she wanted to see Anna. Mel calmed down and I'm happy she did, I don't like her mad at me. I know I get irritated easily, so it's nice to have her slap me with the truth sometimes.