CHAPTER TWENTY

Bailey's POV

For the past two days I've been in my room when not doing work other than that I've been keeping myself busy. Anna hasn't spoken to me since that night. All I've had is that she needs space, none of my friends have spoken to me except for Jade and the parents. Mel and Jess are too angry to have a civil conversation. Jades parents are leaving today and it's not something I'm ready for. Aunt Zelda and Uncle George have been good people to talk to.

I'm currently typing away, doing some work when I hear a knock from my door. Opening the door I'm surprised to see my dad.

"What's up dad?"

"Can I come in please?" He looks at me with a slight smile. I let him in and we both take a seat on my sofa.

"Can you tell me what happened that night?" He says softly.

"I went upstairs with Danielle, she said she wanted to talk to me about something. I trusted her, I mean she isn't...anyway we spoke for a while about what's going on with her life and mine. Then she said there's something more. That she loves me. I told her before that it's a no, then she mentioned it again. I thought I got through with her but she turned around and kissed me. The position we were in made it look worse than it was. I was about to push her off before Anna came in with Mel..." I sighed loudly, putting my head down.

"I understand kid, I've been in that situation with your mum"

"Dad I miss her. I hope she doesn't leave me" Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Kiddo, you just have to give her space. Your mum has spoken to her so I'm sure she has the best advice" I feel my dads arms around me.

—————

Dad told me about the story of he and my mum, in which she thought he cheated and how he felt. It helped with the pain but I still miss her. Once he left, I got back to work and now currently watching a tv show to pass the time. Another knock being heard on the door, and surprisingly it's Clara. She walks straight in without a glance and sits on the sofa. I close the door and sit opposite her. She's sat in sweats and a hoodie, her parents have already left but she isn't going till tomorrow.

"You fucked up. No matter if you did it or not. You could have prevented it and you know it."

"I knowww" I groan and put my head in my hands

"Staying in your room for two days won't help anyone. Same as just working. It's not healthy. You need to wake up and be prepared for whatever happens"

"I'm trying Clara. It's hard...you don't get it"

"Trust me I do...right now I have a girl crying in my room. A girl who loves you. Now fix up, and sort yourself out. And you stink"

I nod and she hugs me tightly then leaves. Clara is a person who shows and gives you love from unconventional ways. The hug and glare told me enough.

—————

It's been a couple hours and I'm sure I'll be going to sleep soon. I've just been drinking and watching tv, I may go for a walk tomorrow in the morning before everyone wakes. Hmmm. I've been wearing sweats and a sports bra all day. It's quite sad.

My thoughts are interrupted with another knock, I groan and open the door with looking. That's when I feel someone hug me rapidly. It's tight and the smell of their hair already tells me who it is.

"Anna?"

—————

Anna's POV

"Anna?"