Fourteen-Look Like You

Sorry about being on haitus for a month or two.
Been thinking about turning this story into an X Reader novel.
Thoughts?

•     •     •     •     •

1 4 look like you

     "You ready?" I asked my mini me.

     Lilith secured the hot pink headband, attached with a gaudy sequin bow, and grins up at me. She gives me a small thumbs up. "Ready, Kenzie!" She giggles. Her dark hair had been styled in curls by mom, and she couldn't be anymore adorable.

     I smile. "All rightie! Let's go then." I hold out my hand for her to take.

     Lilith snatches ahold of my fingers and we race to the car, giggling all the way. I barely have time to wave goodbye to our siblings before she's shoving me into the car. After I have buckled her into her seat, that was transferred by Markus, she cheers. Her joy is the only thing that can make me smile right now.

     Unfortunately, it wasn't just us two in the car. Ragnar and I had argued over a chauffeur slash bodyguard that would be with me always, and as much as I liked to feel important.. all of this just felt ridiculous. I understand the need to be protective, but a trained warrior from the King's Royal Knights was completely uncalled for.

     I had shut the door, and nodded to the bodyguard to press on the gas. We took off within seconds of me buckling in. Kaz, the bodyguard Ragnar had assigned to my side, peacefully drives with no worries or cares while I'm over here in the passenger seat, dying from my anxiety and awkward personality.

     So, with a fifteen minute drive ahead, I gave Lilith my phone to busy herself with and shifted my eyes to the road. There wasn't much but the forest and the newly made road out Aloha had built two years ago. We hadn't renovated this shabby hotel until Alpha thought of turning the rundown building into a guest house for visiting packs. It's quite unique when I think about it, and it's not that far in distance. A short run in wolf form of twenty minutes or so, but no one ever goes there when it's vacant unless someone's throwing a secret party or someone's dared another to spend the night. It's an auspicious building with a fragile dynamic.

     One's remembered as legendary, or deemed a loser.

     I, personally, never went near the place until the renovations were finished. I didn't see a need to party when I had everything I needed at home. I still have four bottles of liqueur from when Mom went and bought some for a little celebration. It had been three years since I became a CNA, and she wanted to celebrate it.

     I had never gotten so drunk in my entire life. I threw up all over the kitchen floor, then to make matters worse, I fell asleep in the bathtub, hugging the trash can. Hands down, worst moment of my life, especially when I had to work the next night. I was lucky enough to have escaped the lingering hangover I had the night before.

     I smile at the memory. The trees fly by in my view and I'm lost in a few thoughts.

     "Hey, Mister," Lilith's childish voice speaks up. I'm drawn out of my reverie and so is Kaz. "Are you sissy's prince?"