Two-Fluffy Bunny

2 ~ fluffy bunny

I walk out of the nursing home and begin to drive home. I was so grateful I didn't have to work this weekend. I could catch up on some much needed sleep. Maybe I could start that new series I saw last night...

My mind wanders to the characters that had looked hella interesting. It wasn't until I was out of the parking lot when my phone began to ring. I barely glance down at the caller ID before pressing the green button. My eyes don't leave the road as I skirt off into the morning light. My phone clatters against the dash when I throw it up there so I could pay attention to my ten and two.

"Hey, hey! Good morning," I smile cheerfully.

"McKenzie," his voice whines over the phone. I know that tone too well. Grr. "What is it Markcus? What can I do for you today," a long, wavered sigh escapes my mouth as I turn into a gas station. He's probably wanting me to take him somewhere, my eyes roll at the thought.

When I park successfully, I pick up my phone and take it off speaker to listen but better. "Hey, why do you always have to do assume I want something from you? Why can't I just call my big sister and wish her happy birthday?" He chews me out for a moment, acting all serious.

My eyes deadpan at the red, brick wall staring me down. "Marckus, my birthday isn't until the summer. Now what do you want?" I was beginning to become irritated.

Marcus sighs dramatically on the other end. "Ugh.. can you come get me? I'm at the 'library.'" His voice lowers, and it sounds like he's more embarrassed than mad.

I roll my eyes, figures.

"Yeah, I'll come get you." I sigh for the second time I've been on the phone with him. "What's the address?And do you want something to drink," I ask as I get out of my car and lock it. Walking into the gas station, I feel a sudden powerful aura announcing their presence. Instead of openly noticing it, I ignore the scent and head for the drinks.

Marckus replies, "Pepsi, and don't forget the takis!"

Immediately, I smile at his demand. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute, bro. Love you." My head shakes as we end the phone call, and I chuckle softly, grabbing at a twenty ounce can on the top shelf. I reach as far as I can, and I'm on my tippy-toes too, but I still can't manage to reach them.

"Damnit!" I curse under my breath.

Mentally, I scowl at myself for being so damn short in situations like these. I huff and puff for a minute before stepping onto the refrigerator's bottom. At this point, I could care less who saw me. My fingertips graze the metal right before someone behind me extends their arm and takes the can from my grasp. I let out a low growl.

"Hey!" Immediately, I turn around with an angered expression. "That was mine!"

A cocky smile is what I receive when I look up. I barely met the guy's chest at my normal height, so it didn't surprise me. It bothered me, but not surprised me. Red hair curls around his cheeks in beautiful little ringlets, and I blink for a moment at him as so much power radiates from him. Exactly who is this guy?

"Oh, this?" He motions to the can of soda, "This is yours? I thought we were at a public store. I didn't realize this had you're name on it," the asshole mocks me. His pearly white glare at me, and I so wanted to knock his smile right off his smug face.

My anger began to flare up, and as much as I wanted to act like a child, he was right. It was foolish of me to pick a fight over a can of pop when there are plenty more. For the most part, I take a deep breath to calm down. I count to ten when that doesn't work. The rhythm of counting is what helps me return to earth, and instead of giving a reaction I'd be ashamed of, I give him a smile.