S2: Twenty-In the Blankets

Okay.. so I lied.
We are NOT halfway through, instead, I've thought of new ideas to add while going through rough deaths this past month.
I'll be splitting this novel into seasons, much like a tv series.
I'll be taking a break after season two, so thank you for all the support, inspiration, and inquiries.
They make me a better writer.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

•     •     •     •     •

2 0 ~ in the blankets

     My head doesn't ache like my stomach, and I could tell the moment I woke up I was starving. In a daze, I barely blink my eyes open just to close them again. There's the bright sunlight peaking through some light shades on the wide windows. I duck my head beneath the fluffy comforter and breath in the heavy lavender scent of the sheets. My mind is drifting in the lavender scented clouds, swaying in a zephyr of comfort. My body was more relaxed and unaware of what's going on around me.

     A door slams shut suddenly, scaring me awake. My dark eyes blink open in multiple blinks until the fuzzy vision begins to subside. I yawn as the footsteps make their way over to where I am, then there's a dip in the mattress. I cuddle into the pillow and blanket as a hand softly lays against my elbow. The sparks ignite through my nervous system, and just from the small contact I know exactly who it is.

     Ragnar sits there with a plate of fruit in his hands as my irises flutter open. The sight is quite becoming for me, mostly because I'm having breakfast in bed that's been brought to me by my mate. A dreamy smile wafts over my lips and I'm immediately. He's so handsome with that black hair and those cobalt blue irises. His tall nose and high cheek bones accentuated his chiseled jawline. No matter who sees him, anyone would believe my mate is a model or popstar in the human world.

     Ragnar's beauty is truly out of this world.

     I give my mate a lazy smile before curling up like a cat in the sun. There's a few yawns that leave my mouth as Ragnar munches on cut strawberries and green grapes. His eyes rake in my face as he gently rubs soft circles into the flesh of my arm. It's so soothing that I don't realize exactly what's going on. His simple touch puts me in a daze, even when I attempt to fight him and his sleeping powers.

     Willing myself awake, I rise halfway and lean on my side to make Ragnar happy. It was a compromise I was willing to make and if he wasn't satisfied, tough luck. My well-rested fingers reach for the bowl for some food. I manage to snatch a few raspberries and an apple slice before Ragnar pulls away. He gives me an offended look, that playful sparkle glittering in his eyes. The expression on his visage made me giggle as I take a bite of the apple slice.

     "Did you sleep well, my fair one?" Ragnar's voice is a warm purr, one that a sleepy kitten would make as they stretch from a long nap.

     The relaxing smile on his face calms my fast-paced heart the second I see it. It's as if the answer to all my problems is right here in front of me, tangible and alive. I feel eternally grateful to have a man like Ragnar as my mate. Just a soft smile from his cold lips makes me faint at heart. How can he be so eye-catching and domineering with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes all in the same breath?

     It just couldn't be possible.. but it is.

     Humming as I stretch my legs out, I sigh with a happy tone and give my mate a bright smile. "Yeah.. it's better now that I've seen you," I flirt shamelessly.