Twenty-Two-Twisted.. Tangled.. Mangled..

Hey hey!
Hope you enjoy the update!
I think I might put this book on hold in the next 4-6 chapters, so be warned.
It won't be forever, I've gotta deal with a few personal things first.
So, enjoy!

•     •     •     •     •

2 1 ~ twisted.. tangled.. mangled..

     We've been on the road for about six hours now. Ragnar's been at the wheel for all of it while I sat in the passenger seat next to him. There's been several times I've asked to trade places with him, but he always says that it's his place to drive. I could tell there's more he wants to say but I don't think I'd like it.

     Although I've been able to stretch my legs every-so-often, it's rare for me to even feel comfortable when my mate decides to tease me with his hand holding onto my thigh and rubbing enticing circles along my skin. I wore shorts today, and luckily they're a perfect fit— which rarely happens in my case. The only downfall is that Ragnar has refused to stop his teasing for the last hour and a half.

     To say I've been cramped and (sexually) frustrated is an understatement. Clearly.

     My eyes narrow as I focus on my phone in my two hands. I couldn't sink into Ragnar's plot like a dumbass and let his brutal alpha instincts kick in. I have to stand strong!— for as long as my wolf will let me. So I stay distracted by looking out the window while my phone loads or jet over to a reading platform to immerse myself into another world.. for my own sake.

     But that just couldn't happen.

     Ragnar's fingers seep deeper between my thighs as his callous thumb rubs my outer thigh. It's soothing, to be honest, but I can't help but think about the four fingers on the inside of my leg. How distracting is that? My eyes roll at his obvious play for attention, mostly because I saw him looking out of his perphial view. That smirk wasn't hard to catch, either.

     So, as painful as it was to ignore my mate, I did so for as long as I could.

     He never did anything more than to rub little circles with his thumb and wiggle his fingers a few times. It was breaking my heart— he's teasing as if he wasn't doing anything at all. Hell, for all I could know, it's because of I'm thinking of it all this way. I've been so stressed and worries about the move that I can't properly function. It's hard for me when I'm going too fast that my mind can't keep up.

     Fuck, I'm still stuck on the fact I have a mate. My eyes drift to the window to my right, spotting the forest and trees shrouded in shrubbery. It's quite different than what I'm use to.. always being alone, unless it's family.

     Without thinking, my hand slips down to his and I replace my thigh with my hand. There's no hesitation in Ragnar's fingers as they lace through mine. A small smile appears on my face while I stare out the window. It's peaceful in the car, not even the radio playing. Normally, I would have turned it on just because I was afraid of the awkward silence. As long as Ragnar's hand hold mine, I feel complete, safe, and loved— well, as loved as I can get from meeting my mate withing three weeks.

     I don't believe I love Ragnar— at least, not yet— but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings for the big brute. He's just a bit more.. okay, way more than I ever expected. And I wasn't even expecting anything, either! So, in my eyes, it's hard not to look at Ragnar as a blessing because without him, I wouldn't have someone that looks at me without judgement, dislike, or controversy in their eyes. I no longer have to worry about if I'm going to live the rest of my life alone.