Twenty-Three-Dreams

So so sorry about the wait.
I decided to double update because I'm getting back into the swing of things.
Life's finally clearing up for me, hopefully it stays that way so we don't have to be on hold!
Enjoy the double update XD

•     •     •     •     •

2 3 ~ dreams

     My wolf begins to rise and bare her teeth at the girl, Serephina, as she turns the corner with the guard. I could feel my hackles rise the moment she dated to share malice intentions towards me. Even thought I'm not certain of why she's so hateful, I try not to ponder on it too long. She's just an old lover of my mate's, someone who's insignificant to him and I that I shouldn't pay her no mind. It's obvious that Ragnar hasn't been involved with her since I came, mostly because I recognized the citrus scent wafting through the air.

     Just calm down, I coax myself. She's no longer here, I don't need to be anxious. Ragnar is my mate, not hers. I need to stay calm. He's all ready deleted the photos.. there's no reason to worry.

     It takes a few minutes to calm my racing heart, but I managed to do it. I believe in Ragnar with all my heart. He's shown me he only wants me and that I'm the only one he'll need for the rest of his life, or at least.. that's what he's shown me.

     Feeling these conflicting thoughts, I open the cabinet above my head after walking into the kitchen. I subconsciously grab a glass and turn on the tap water, then drink it to cool my parched throat. It's not much to cool me off, but my beast subsides, still growling at the fact another she-wolf wanted to challenge us.. er, I think that's what she was doing. I sigh, feeling the sadness and crushing weight of "what ifs" barreling through my mind.

     Shaking my head, I clear my mind as I down the rest of the contents in the glass and rinse it off before settling it on the drying rack. I glance up at my dim reflection in the window, silently thinking to myself about the current events thats happened since this year's Anima Luna. I met a perverted prince, found my mate who suddenly turned into a king, and even discovered his old lover— not too old from what the pictures had showed.

     I'm not necessarily jealous of Serephina, but I can't hold a candle to her physical beauty. It just makes me think that if the "soulmate" bonds influence our feelings, who's to say we live freely if we cant even love freely? I want him to like me for me, but in the end, I have this nagging feeling that it doesn't matter who he loves, as long as it's with the soulmate bond.

     Is it bad for me to think like this? I ponder, staring at my full reflection.

     Not knowing what else to tell myself in comfort, I heavily sigh and close my eyes, thinking back to the night I met my mate. He was so determined, so controlled by his emotions.. it was like he found something he had lost and was rushing not to lose it again. This uncomfortable feeling swelling in my chest engenders more dark feelings to arise in my heart. Even my wolf doesn't protest the feelings within me, swirling with my anxiety, about my mate.

     It just makes me wonder... Am I missing something? My wolf howls in response.

     Opening my eyes, I exhale softly and let go of the counter. I run a hand through my hair as I turn around and head back to my room, trying to hide away the bad thoughts clouding my vision. Hopefully I can sort them out when I have a better piece of mine, but tonight was exhausting, especially with her still lingering around. I yawn out as I walk up the creaking steps. Ragnar's scent lingers in the hallway. A smile comes to my mouth as I follow it into our room and open the door.