Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO
THE RULES OF DIANA
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

The popular queen crossed her legs, as she placed her napkin on her lap

The popular queen crossed her legs, as she placed her napkin on her lap. She leaned back in her chair, listening to the calming classical live music from the band. She looked at her sister while Deanna just glanced at her nails.

"He should be here, any minute," Annabel, the mother stated, easing the tension in the large dining room. Diana nodded, as she looked at the staff who stood next to the table, ready to complete any command. Upon hearing the doorbell, the mother jumped up. The staff instantly opened the door and guided the guest to the dining room.

"I'm sorry I'm late, darling. Traffic is a nuisance," The man assured before kissing Annabel. Diana and Deanna both cringed to themselves but made sure to keep it hidden. The group delivered their greetings and soon enough they all found themselves sitting down. Diana tapped her Louboutin heels on the ground, the staff placing food on the table.

After a few minutes, dinner was beginning to be served. The staff placed dozens of meals in front of them while the head chef described everything he had made. Shortly after, he excused himself and was on his way.

"Diana, if you tied your hair up, you would love even more attractive. If only I were twenty years younger," David said earning a glare from her. He turned towards Annabel and grabbed her hand under the table. "Thank God I have your mother,"

Diana rolled her eyes, and her mother noticed the action. She cleared her throat, trying to ease the tension in the room. "Would anyone like cookies?"

"Cookies are fattening,"

"I would love one," David said earning a smile from the mother as she passed the plate to him. "I'm sure a few cookies wouldn't hurt and your body is already perfect-,"

Diana placed her napkin on the table, preparing to leave. "May I be excused?" She asked her mother while narrowing her eyes.

Deanna gasped and then the table sat in silence. Her mother frowned, shaking her head softly. "No, not yet,"

"You're right. I'm sorry, mom. I forgot to tell him to go fuck himself," Diana confirmed, a light smile coming off of her face. Deanna looked between her mother and her sister, drinking from her water glass.

"What's gotten into you?" David asked as Diana only tilted her head to the side and clenched her jaw.

"Apologize right now or god so help me," Annabel exclaimed as Diana rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry for meaning what I said. I'm sorry that you're a total asshole and you don't deserve one glance from my mother. Excuse me," She said before walking off, leaving the tense atmosphere.

 Excuse me," She said before walking off, leaving the tense atmosphere