thirty seven - did you hear the news?

diana held reid's hand to her chest as a nurse continued checking his vitals before changing his iv bag

diana held reid's hand to her chest as a nurse continued checking his vitals before changing his iv bag. it was currently late at night and even though visiting hours had ended a couple of hours ago, they allowed an exception for the rich teenager.

"i think you both will appreciate if i left you two alone," the nurse suddenly said, and diana offered her a smile. when she was gone, the blond turned her attention back to her boyfriend. after pulling out dry shampoo, she laid herself on the hospital bed right next to him, and applied the shampoo to his hair.

diana always wanted to take care of him, she wanted to make sure he had someone that looked after him.

the blond kissed his forehead, before placing her head on his chest and wrapping her arms around him. she cherished moments like this, moments where she could spend time with reid alone. "graduation is in a couple of days. she's making me go back to new york, i don't want to leave you, reid. i can't fathom the idea of doing it without you,"

a tear began to fall on her cheek and it landed on his skin. these past few weeks have been torture for her, there was nothing in her life that she missed more than reid. she wished he would just wake up and assure her everything was okay, but she knew that he still needed to heal.

"your mom is making us take off now," jasmine said after she knocked on the door. diana slowly frowned, wiping her tears away before kissing his forehead again. she hated the fact that her mother was forcing her to leave the hamptons when reid needed her.

"i'll be back before you know it," she whispered

when she arrived in the waiting room, she spotted her mother with elvis and a stranger. she hadn't recognized him, but when she realized he looked exactly like reid, it clicked. it must have been reid's brother.

"it was you," the grandfather said, with teary eyes and a weak voice. "you gave hayes the gun, you're the reason your brother is in the hospital,"

diana looked at jasmine, who only stood with parted lips. "i didn't know he was going to fucking attack him," damien said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"what the fuck are you here for? you haven't seen him in years—,"

"reid got shot, elvis. the least i could do was show up for my younger brother," he said before they spotted jasmine and diana who stood frozen watching them. damien's eyes traveled up and down the blond before he turned to elvis who only shook his head. "she's off-limits, reid will kill you,"

"and i would never lower myself to his level," she said, walking past them and towards the hospital doors, jasmine behind her.

"tiffany, riley, dexter, and lucas are already on their way back to the city. they went back in their cars. they'll see you guys when we get there," annabel said, earning a nod from her daughter before they walked onto the parking lot.