Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
THE RULES OF DIANA
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Elvis argued, placing his hands on his hips while the younger Maxwell placed the icepack over his eye

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Elvis argued, placing his hands on his hips while the younger Maxwell placed the icepack over his eye. Reid opened his mouth, indicating he was about to say something.

"I'm not done, boy," The grandfather hissed through his teeth, and the teenager instantly shut his mouth

"Don't fuck with me. You've completely ignored your grades, you're not going to your anger management classes and now I'm hearing you got into another fight. Oh, I'm sorry, let me rephrase that. You got jumped at a party. You're grounded. I'll drop you off at school and I'll pick you up. No riding to the skatepark, no driving to meet up with Jasmine, no driving anywhere,"

"That's not fucking fair,"

"I don't give a fuck about what you think. if you don't quit your goddamn ways, I'll send you to boarding school!"

"Alright, fine. I got it," Reid whispered but the man walked closer to him.

"No. you fucking don't! Do you think your mother would be proud of you?" He yelled just before the room was swallowed by a suffocating silence. Reid's shoulders dropped as he felt his veins turn into ice and he slowly stood up from his chair.

"Fuck you, Pops," With that, he slammed the front door shut, despite his grandfather's calls. Reid knew he wouldn't get into another fight about a girl that is ashamed to even touch him. He had learned something in anger management class, violence wasn't able to satisfy a person. Every time he fought Hayes over Diana, he ended up with blood on his knuckles and the feeling of regret. Getting into these fights was only hurting his relationship with his grandfather. Plus, Diana always insulted him in public whenever she could. It was like, she was attracted to Reid but embarrassed to be seen with him.

She just wasn't worth it anymore.

He parked his car at Jasmine's house, grabbed his jacket, and walked towards the front door. He knocked a few times before resting his forehead on the door, mumbling to himself. Jasmine opened the door, and he ran his hands through his hair. "I need a place to stay,"

The girl said nothing, as she pulled him inside and shut the door behind him.